Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Donuts and Puke


We were able to go to Krispy Kreeme with our preschool group for a fieldtrip last week. We had been to one a few years ago and it was great, so we were excited. The kids had been sick but had at least one day of feeling better before the fieldtrip. So off we went. Tuesday morning we were waiting for more of our Preschool friends to get to the donut shop before beginning the tour. Out of nowhere, Sean pukes...and pukes...and pukes! I don't know where it all came from! He started while standing on a bench of a booth, as it pooled at his feet and began dripping down to floor, I grabbed him to hold him over the garbage to continue his puking. He puked on the way to the garbage and still more in the garbage. We made a HUGE mess! Ryan had been looking forward to the donuts that they got to decorate, so we cleaned up and I held Sean to keep him separate from the other kids. If you know Sean, that's really mean to do to him. He loves to be with the big kids. So he was really sad, but did pretty good at letting me keep him quarantined. Yes, I did let him have a donut, and no, thank goodness, he didn't puke it up! So now rewind 4 days and this is what our day was like: rounds of pukes and runny poos. One when he was napping on his belly. He cried so I went to get him and then I saw it, the evidence of more issues on his blankets, so I started taking his clothes off, and the evidence was on his belly up to his chin! While disgusting, I couldn't help but laugh. Poor kid had three baths that day.



1 comment:

Jules said...

Looks like fun! Crazy about poor little Sean! We went to Krispy Kreme in December, here in good ol' VA they only let 7 year olds and up do the tour. They didn't tell me that on the phone so they let us in anyway (and by "us" I mean 15 1-3 year olds plus 1 5 year old!). They said we were better than the 7 year olds. They also don't have the space to let the kids decorate, but we got to eat lots of yummy glazed donuts!