Sadly her line is being discontinued! But that means it is on sale for $1.99! Hello! And it's home fabric...thick stuff. I believe it was originally 16.99. Anyhow, at this bargain I HAD to figure something out to make! And since summer was approaching and I really needed a HUGE bag for 4 towels and other beach essentials, I decided to try making a bag. It was so easy! If you can fold and sew in a straight line...you can make these bags! 

I also wanted some other bags too...thus these other sizes. I went on a bag frenzy!
Super simple and fun to have!
I also thought it would be such a fun project for Young Women to learn to sew. One of our YW once mentioned her friend's ward made placemat purses...and they made them the same way I made these...but could you find a cute place mat for so cheap? Not a chance. You could make several smaller bags with one yard of this fabric..and you could mix and match the fabrics. If anyone is curious about how to do that...let me know, I'll show ya!













5 comments:
Wow! They are so cute. You are so full of fun ideas. Way to go!!!
Love them! When I get a moment I'm going to have to find out how you made them!
You made those! They look store bought. And you can never have too many bags.
Was just dropping by, the family looks great! You should check out www.etsy.com and think about a home business. The bags are so fun!! Take care, Lisa.
Care, I love the bags! It stinks living in a place w/no fabric store! You'll have to show me how you made them. They're SO cute. Also, I want to call and can't find your number (you know me--phone numbers on my hand, receipts, etc.). Would you email it to me?
Post a Comment