
We love our Grandparents! A Grandparents love is always unconditional and comforting. Kids love their parents but parents usually have to do more of the disciplining and the grandparents get to endulge in lots of fun! I love my grandparents and have such fun memories with them. I loved spending time at Grandma Dot's house in the summer. Raspberry Yogurt Push-Up pops, skating in the driveway, playing barbies in the front yard, slip-n-slide in the back yard and cooking projects were some highlights. I loved dinners at both grandparents homes when I was small. I love teaching my children compassion and love as they visit Grandma Lee now who can't express her own feelings.
My kids are lucky to have the fun and loving grandparents too! I know they love each of them dearly. I think Grandparents Day is great and should be celebrated, but unfortunately there isn't as much commercialization leading up to it, so remembering to prepare beforehand doesn't always happen. We are thinking about all of you! Thank you for being our Grandparents! So today we send a special, I LOVE YOU! to all our grandparents from sea to shining sea!





Love,
Dolleybabe #1 - My grandma's nickname for her grandkids - and I was the first:)













2 comments:
I have fond memories of my own grandparents: Grandma Mary (my Mom's Mom) who told my Mom to buy me all the bananas I ever desired; Grandpa Tru & Grandma Burt* (my Dad's parents) who showed me how to shoot, cook, and eat rattlesnake and snapping turtles; and even Grandma and Grandpa Vanatter (my Dad's grandparents) who my Mother told me (when I was about 10 years old) that I should talk to them more when we visited them because they almost lived in the time of Lincoln. [* I also think of my Dad's biological father; I wrote a poem about him, though I never met him. He died when my Dad was six. See http://scottvanatter.blogspot.com/2007/08/dad-and-his-dad.html] The boys are so blessed to have so many loving grandparents. Love to all.
What a cute post! Grandparents are great. How fun that your parents will soon have more grandkids than they did kids!
Post a Comment