Friday, February 01, 2008

Hall of the Prophets


Most of you who read this know that President Hinckley passed away last Sunday. And I've thought, as you surely have too, of him being reunited with his wife, other loved ones, our Savior and other ancient and latter-day prophets. What beautiful mental images! I knew that the church was having a viewing in the Conference Center for him, but was so touched last night when I read an article about his viewing. So I thought I'd share.

The viewing is in the Conference Center which President Hinckley personally envisioned and brought to a reality. Scott and I first toured the Conference Center years ago when it first opened and there was a room on the top floor where bronze busts of all of our modern day prophets were placed in order and in the center of the room was a marble bust of Jesus Christ. We were so impressed by this room, with such noble men who dedicated their lives to their Savior and His church. It was beautiful. I've heard that the room has been changed since then and now there is a "Hall of Prophets." So when I read that President Hinckley is dressed in a white suit in the Hall of the Prophets of the Conference Center I was immediately touched by the spirt. Wish I could be in Utah, what an experience it would be to pay tribute to our beloved prophet of God.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I just can't imagine General Conference without him...we watched the funeral today on BYU TV. My daughter called him "her prophet"...Carrie, thanks for checking in on our blog. I found yours through Julie's and your boys are darling. Are you having another boy? It's a doozy when #3 comes--that's when we felt like we officially had a big family! It's so much fun and definitely keeps me from being idle :)

Scott said...

Excellent pic. Thanks.

Jules said...

Uncle P. waited in line for hours in Utah for the viewing--in the cold. What a special thing to do to honor of such a great man.

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.