Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I've never been lucky



Remember my last post and my wish for ababy within 3 days? Why did I bother wishing? I'm sure I jinxed myself. I am sooo not a lucky person. I never win door prizes or anything similar. The team or person I usually root for loses. So, obviously we still have no baby - 10 days overdue (shall I remind you ry was 13 days early, sean was on his due date and now this). So strange I yell you!

The following urban legends don't work alone OR combined:
-walking (I have a blister - we've walked SOOO much)
-fresh pineapple
-foot massages
-pressure points above the ankle, between thumb and pointer finger and lower back region
-the full moon a few days ago did nothing.
-the change of weather from 80s to 60s and possibilty of rain has also NOT helped.

My sister-in-law was induced yesterday 2 weeks early and I'm now a week and a half late so Hudson will be older than Kyle! Didn't expect that a bit!

So looks like my induction on Thursday might be a reality. The tests on Monday showed that Kyle is doing great and way to cozy to come out. Oh yea - and today officially marks two whole weeks from Sean's birthday! Silver linings:)

It's comical - sort of.

22 comments:

nikki said...

Such a funny post - love it! You deserve all sorts of sympathy but way to go on such a cozy home for Kyle! I'm so happy you've debunked all the urban myths that we all so fervently believe in.

It was good to talk to you today - hang in there, it will be over soon and you'll have the most adorable little bundle! At least Sean and Kyle now have ample time to be their own prince for the day for their birthdays!! Love you!

Carrie said...

Yes! Thanks Nik for reminding me about the birthday timing. I had meant to put that in so I edited:)

Erica said...

So true! Poor thing! That has got to be so frustrating. So it looks like Hudson on April 22nd and Kyle on the 24 or maybe the 25th with the way thing are going. My gosh-who would have ever thought. Well keep trying all the urban myths-maybe one will work finally or need to resort to the priesthood! Love you! Have that baby!

Lisa said...

It's hard for me to relate because all we know are preemies!! All four of ours have been born somewhere between 31 and 37 weeks so, ironically, I always wished I could go full term (I know you are cursing me now). But atleast you know he'll be "cooked" all the way and ready to take on the world when he does finally come! Good luck, Carrie!!

Rachel said...

SO sorry!! I check your blog often hoping that you'll have had your baby. Soon, good luck!

Jennifer said...

Hi Carrie- This is Jennifer (Pyle) Thomas. I found your blog through some other former Oakton Stake-ites blogs. Wow, so sorry about being so overdue. 3 boys are going to be so much fun- I have 3 boys (and their birthdays are all with-in a two week period- totally unplanned!). I have to give you my 2 cents about the urban myths- walking totally worked for me- all of my boys were born within 24 of me doing some serious walking- and the walking wasn't necessarily planned for inducing labor. Each urban myth came from somewhere, because it worked for someone- unfortunately, you just haven't found the right one. Just don't try castor oil- from what I've heard, it's totally not worth it. Go to my profile to link to my blog. Good luck with the new baby!!

Sydney said...

Well, you got one wish... Kyle didn't come on Sean's birthday. :) Bet you didn't think it would be SUCH a big gap though! Sorry babe! Brother Atkinson asked if you had had Kyle yet when I saw him at the temple tonight. Love you!!!!

Amy said...

I'm feeling for you! I KNOW I wouldn't be handling this as well as you are. At least you still look cute! Maybe there's a way to make him NOT comfortable in there (I'll think on that one). So sorry! Love you!

nikki said...

Look how cute your hair is!

Sydney said...

Yeah! Love the hair! You look awesome at 9 1/2 months prego!

Tennille said...

Dangit--sorry he's still hanging in there, but you look awesome! Can't wait to read all about his arrival.

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest pregnant woman!!! Can't wait to see new pictures of the little one! Hang in there.

Nicole

Jules said...

You look beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Too fun. I remember right before you were born you would hickup alot.
Aunt Gina

Jenner said...

hang in there, hope you got your hair fixed, it looks good to me!

Scott said...

Kyle was born 9 pounds, 12 ounces, April 24, 2008.

Mom and Kyle are doing well.

Love you ALL!

Jaynann said...

Congrats on the new baby. Holy 9 lbs 12 oz! That is one big baby! People should not have to go past their due date. I hope you and baby are well. Enjoy the euphoria. :)

Kristen said...

Yea Care!! Heavens, that's just shy of a 10 lb. baby! You're scaring me! Well, I'm so excited for you. It's good for me to hear that this whole pregnancy thing can actually come to an end:) Call me when things slow down. Congrats!

Rachel said...

I talked to Amy today. She called to tell me the good news. Congrats you're amazing. I have never known anybody to have a baby that big. you have set the record I hope never to beat. Can't wait to see pics of your little man-child.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carrie. Your Dad was about that size and so was his cousin Charlene. Grandpa was in Olatha in the Navy and Mom says she remembers hearing a car outside screeeech to a halt and sure enough it was Grandpa. Hope you feel fine soon.
Aunt Gina

nikki said...

Yay and congratulations!! So glad he's here and that you didn't have to go the induction route - I know you really wanted to do it on your own.

I can't wait to see him!! P.S. I have a good handful of friends who have had babies as big as Kyle so I say you're in good company! I'm predicting he'll be an awesome sleeper! :)

Tennille said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad he's here safe and sound.