Kyle finally joined our family!
April 24, 2008
9lbs 12 oz
21 inches long
*3 days old
Delivery Room photos...Mom and newly scrubbed Kyle. Dad and pre-scrubbed baby. Notice his chub on the arms! 3 days later and he's lost a lot of that...Those 12 days post-due date gave him lots of lovin!
We are so excited Kyle finally came to us! He's so cute and cuddlyand we love every bit of him! Both big brothers are in love with him too. They spontaneously sing songs to him all the time, anything from Silent Night (Sean's favorite since Christmas and refers to it as "Holy Night") to Book of
Mormon Stories (actions included) to Rock-a-bye-baby and more. Kyle is a great sleeper - when he's in the mood - meaning not between the hours of 12am-4am. Once we get his body clock changed to earth time, Scott and I will be super excited.
Even though Kyle made a very delayed arrival to our family, he came quite easily. I had mild contractions all day on Wednesday - that I tried to keep going by lots of walking. I was hoping I would go to go into labor that day since the next morning I was to report for an induction at 6:15 am. If I could go in on my own before then, I could
go to the hospital of my choosing. The stubborn side had some sort of an issue being forced into labor. In my head, I just wanted my body to do it on it's own, though seeing as how big he really got - maybe I'll go for induction closer to my due date next time around:) So around 11pm ish, contractions started getting closer together (3 min) - but still not the painful variety I've known so well. So we decided to head to the hospital figuring they were pretty close and since I was 41 weeks and almost 5 days overdue, if they were even close to the real stuff, they'd keep me around. I was a pretty nervous wreck about being turned away since I was turned away 2 times while in real labor with Sean - wasn't progressing past a 2 yet the contractions were 3 min apart and
pain was as bad as it got! So this time, I was going in and the pain wasn't too bad so I was sooo nervous! Then on our 35 min drive to the hospital, they weakened from 3 min apart to more like 5 min apart. More nerves!
Walking into the hospital, there was a fire alarm going off and someone looked at me worriedly and asked, "are you in labor?" To which I replied something like, "umm, I don't know." I was so nervous to be turned away and I wasn't really feeling like Iwas really in labor, though they were rather close and regular contractions. When we made it to Labor and Delivery, there was another lady who was in obvious labor, in a wheel chair and struggling. I felt so dumb! Wondering, what the heck am I doing here? Look at me and look at her. I have no business being here and felt like I was forcing the issue because of my 6:15 am deadline.
Luckily when they hooked me up to monitors, those contractions obeyed and were 3 min apart spot on. Upon checking, I was at a 4 and they mentioned the word, admitting and I felt stress immediately lift! 
I can't finish my journaling now,but know the pictures are ofmore interest to everyone...so I'll
finish later.














13 comments:
Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby! You are such a trooper making it that far overdue! Enjoy your 3 boys, I'm glad their is a balance to my 3 girls! Congrats again, he's beautiful, and you look great!
Inger
Hey!! Funny about the fire alarm! Cute pics! I love all the pics! Where did you say the movies are? Sean looks so old holding Kyle in the last picture! I love that picture of all of you at the hospital. I remember getting to the LV hospital when Ryan was born and it was just the three of you. Wow, I can't believe that was almost 5 years ago!!!!
Congratulations!! he's darling. I can not believe how big he is with all that chubs. I'm glad the boys are so excited about their new brother and helping out with singing =) What a cute family. You look REALLY good in your post birth pics.
Congrats Carrie! So glad he is finally here.
How did you fit that bundle inside for so long? He's such a chub--he doesn't have the "wrinkly old man" newborn look (as Chuck calls it). I love all the pictures--your boys do look huge with their baby brother. I'm interested to hear the rest of your delivery story since I'm almost there myself:) Congrats and I'm glad it went smoothly for you.
Awesome pics! He is adorableness! I love the one with him and Seany and the one with the whole fam. We don't have one of those from when Carter was born.:( Dylan wouldn't cooperate. You look amazing! I have been waiting for the labor details so I can't wait for the rest of the story. I've been wanting to call you but feel like I should be letting you rest. That's weird, huh? I'll call you tomorrow! :)
Congrats! Chubby babies are the best--and he's got lots of chubbiness to hug and kiss. Glad he got here safe and sound!
Yay!! He's here! Congrats to your family--and he is a beautiful newborn too! Rest when you can and BTW you're awesome for delivering an almost 10 pounder!
So cute. Congrats. I know all about those lazy fat babies coming when they want to. Good job sticking it out.
Congrats again!! He is so adorable! And you look fabulous!! Can't wait to see more pics!
I know I feel the same as Nikki. But I think if it were me I would probably want to talk about it. So yeah we do need to hear the whole story. Yeah those are great pics! I do love the whole family one too and the new one at the very top. I just can't believe that came out of you! He is SO big! Give him kisses! Can't wait to see him.
Oh the anticipation is killing me! What a cliffhanger. But your right, the pics are more important! I'm so happy for you and Scott to add another little bundle of joy to your family. I'm so happy that Ryan and Sean are being good big brothers! Can't wait to hear more. Love you.
YAY! a new baby. 9.12 is pretty sweet. sean does look really old in that last pic. i am SO glad everything went well. let me know what i can do to help. congratulations, your little family of 5 pic is precious.
Post a Comment