Once upon a time there was a popsicle stick about to be thrown in the garbage...but wait! Stop! Grandpa has special plans for popsicle sticks! Back when he was a lad, he sharpened the edges on the concrete to make it sharp. They instantly became toys. Since these two boys of mine are obsessed with surfing, the popsicle sticks became surf boards! First they shaped them, then they surfed them...in the gutter.

Then the plain ones weren't good enough. They went on an adventure to get paint.

They painted their surf boards - and catamaran (sp?).

Some even got a tail fin!

After all the painting was complete, they varnished (more than one coat) and had a "surfboard show." Grandpa and the boys play "car show" in Virginia with Grandpa's cars that are more like models. So this time it was a Surf board show and they were sooo excited to show off their surfboards.

Surfing the finished product.

Do, Do, Do

New Development: My kids have become fish! It's so exciting! We played in the pool on Scott's birthday and Sean was still nervous about everything. These pictures are just the next weekend when Sean lost his fear of the water! He thinks he's better than he is. Ryan is getting really good at getting around, though a swim coach would wonder about his form. I'll be in the water a lot more this year...having fun with my boys! Speaking of my boys...Sean's nursery teacher told me Sunday that he asked to have a dance party, "with my boys." What a nut!

Dad and Ryan jumping off the rocks.

Surfs Up! Ho Daddy!

2 months old...16 lbs 7 oz. off the charts on height and weight. What a cute meatball!



8 comments:
What a fun Grandpa! I love it. Your baby is so adorable. I love that he is off the charts. They are so cozy that way. :)
How creative and fun! Kyle is so cute! I can't wait to have the two chubbers together!
HI!!!! I LOVE your update! I have such cute nephews. Kyle is huge and adorable!! I can't wait to see you guys. With my new job I'll be pretty busy now when ya'll are here, but I'll be seeing you!!
Great picture of Kyle. How come you didn't know about stick races?! They were the best! Glad your boys have become water babies they'll be lots of fun this summer!
Kyle is CUTE (of course)!
The boys are SO fun, and cute, and neat, and fun, and interested, and interesting, and fun, and involved, and active, and talkative, and creative, and funny, and fun.
Whew.
Can't wait to see them again this Summer. We've got some bigger things to build!
Love to all,
Dad/Grandpa Scott
I took some mini-movies of the surf boards flowing down the river. I will try to post tonight on my blog.
http://www.scottvanatter.blogspot.com
You gotta love Grandpa projects - I love how you can tell all 3 of them are having such a blast!
Can't wait for the swimming party to begin with your new little fish! Sooo fun!
Fun project! I love that they got so into it they wanted to paint and everything! They are cute boys! Man kyle is SO stinkin cute! Love those rolls on his arms!
Post a Comment