Thursday, August 28, 2008

My kids are getting too old!


Ahh! Where does time go?







Scott mentioned tonight the good ole days when Sean would tell me he was tired and wanted a nap. True story! He used to ask for a nap frequently. These days neither Ryan or Sean nap, unless they are sick (a whole different topic - but I sorta enjoy when they get sick because they sleep and are cuddly - obviously it depends on how sick they are - and we are fortunate because usually they are sick for less than 24 hours). Somehow since Sean turned three he has grown up a ton! He hangs with Ryan so sometimes I have to remind myself that he's nearly two years younger and he's only three! But then I look at him and he doesn't look like my little Seanny any more! He's lost the rounder cheeks of a toddler. Lucky for me he still loves to cuddle and will take it any time I can give it. And is understanding when I can't.

The sad thing that I'm also realizing is that Ryan has been old for a long time! He had to grow up quick because Sean was born before Ryan was two. So I probably didn't get to enjoy his second year of cuteness as much as I did for Sean. Don't get me wrong, I obviously enjoyed him lots, but he wasn't the baby for as long as Sean was. I'll tell you what though, he certainly has risen to the challenge of being the big brother. We expect a lot from him and usually he meets that expectation. This picture is about a month before he turned three. I wish I could jump into that picture and give him a big hug! Now he's in Kindergarten!


Kyle has been rolling over for almost a month! And yesterday I discovered his first tooth broke through his gums! What? Just barely 4 months old! We had no symptoms of a teething baby aside from some drool.
**UPDATE: Second tooth broke through 2 days later!





He is two weeks older than his birthday if you consider his gestational age...which for the first year makes a big difference. He's still a super sweet baby. He talks/grunts a lot. Making him laugh is really exciting! He doesn't laugh all the time, so when he's game it's so fun. Typically Ryan is still the clown to make him giggle, but I got him going tonight! It was a great mommy moment:)

I got Kyle a fun exersaucer the other day. Never had that toy for the others since it was so big...but I decided with so much going on, I needed another place for Kyle to play while I was getting stuff done. It's super cute, but man, he looks so old in it! And he had to have his first haircut on Sunday! Since most of his long birth hair hasn't fallen out and it continues to grow, it needed a trim. His newborn stage certainly flew by! I blinked and he wasn't a newborn anymore! We had his 4 month appointment the other day and he was 19 lbs 10 oz!



The small one is me and Ryan. What a sweetheart!

Here is Kyle probably less than a week old.

Here's the happy guy at 19 pounds:)
As Dori in Nemo says, "Squishy, Here squishy! I will
call you squishy and you will be mine."

I'm sure I messed up that line and I'll correct it later when I get the real thing from Scott or Ryan.

Man! Time flies. Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me...I promise I'll look at it a million times.



Yesterday morning...Ryan says, "Kyle's skin feels like plastic."



Either it's just so smooth and soft or taught thighs and cheeks...not sure which.



I really love my kids at their stages now but I miss parts of them little too!


I need to take more videos.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Oh I know what you mean. Especially because a new one is going to join our family soon...Owen won't be my "baby" anymore. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I guess that's why pictures are so awesome, we can look back and remember any time we want. The picture of you and Ryan is priceless!

Sydney said...

Oh what a cute blog. I loved reading it. Wasn't it just last year that you were in Las Vegas and I was in St. George when Ryan was born? Oh that was 5 years ago! Yeah, crazy.

Love all the pics! The wierd part is that I remember being Ryan's age.

Love you!

Kristen said...

Care, the picture of you and Ryan is gorgeous! I can't believe your little guy is 19 lbs! Jane hasn't had her 4 mo. appointment yet, but I'm guessing she's around 15 lbs--way smaller than my boys. Briton was just like Kyle--almost 20 lbs. at 4 mo.

Scott said...

Agreed. The pic of you and Ryan is VERY sweet. (And thanks for posting the original squishy pic of Kyle!)

Wow, it's a wonderful life.

Love,

Dad

nikki said...

I'm so with you on seeing a picture and wanting to jump in it and experience your child at that age! It's hard to watch the baby or toddler in your kids disappear - but also so fun to watch their stages as they get old! I had curriculum night at school last night and got to read the story Jake has been working on. Too awesome! Is Ryan totally loving kindergarten? Dylan is in heaven.

Jules said...

So cute!! I can't believe his tooth already broke through. Naomi's is so close, but still nothing yet!

whitney said...

you have such darling boys. and kyle is as squishy as squishy can be... and that's the best way. :) so freakin' cute.

Jenner said...

i can't believe he already has teeth! holy smokes! weird that when i met you ryan was not even 2.

Lisa said...

Seriously, you are in the running for cutest 3 boys ever }excepting mine of course :)}

I know what you mean. They always say, "Enjoy it when they're young, it'll go by so fast!" I don't believe them until my little girl is all of a sudden tall and all second-graderish and sassy...sigh.

Erica said...

Yeah your kids are way too cute! I am glad that you look back a lot because I feel like I will too. I think you have to. The pictures are to die for! And Kyle is the Michelin man...love it!! cute little teeth!