Thursday, September 18, 2008

Roly Poly and the latest Superheroes!

Saturday was such a nice family day. We had an early morning Soccer Game which was AWESOME, of course. Then we relaxed and laughed together. The kids took some funny pictures of everyone...then we hung out at this new shopping center near us. Got some frozen yogurt with yummy toppings, then walked to watch the fountain shows set to music. It was a beautiful day. We were together and I was happy to be with my family - all day!




Kyle is quite the "roly poly" these days. While he's rolled from his back to front for a while, he just figured out rolling the reverse direction as well. And he's discovered his feet; that always cracks me up! Back to Mr. Roly Poly...no more leaving him on the bed! This guy can move! Today when I'd leave him for just a few minutes, I'd return to find him on the opposite side of the room. It's cute because you can see in his eyes when I find him far away from where I left him, how much he enjoys this new independence! He's so happy to move around on his own! But now for the next year and a half, I have to worry about small choking hazards! Legos, bouncy balls, etc...Makes me nervous! Here's a common occurence...Kyle watching his big brothers. He loves to watch them!
My three sons.
Sean LOVES fruit. All kinds. He will try steal it from anyone's plate if his supply is gone. Watermelon is one of his favs. So the last few weeks of Soccer Games half-time snack has included watermelon. The challenge is to not allow Sean to eat all of the team's treats. Fortunately for Sean, there was plenty this week and since Ryan doesn't care for watermelon, he decided to give his share to his brother. Aww. how nice:) Sean was super grateful! My very own Super Hero's to the rescue!

If you have boys and they enjoy playing dress-up, and you have few options compared to girl siblings or friends, check out these costumes! Scott and his sister had a superman and wonderwoman type costumes like these when they were small. So when my boys saw dad's picture in one, they quickly asked grandma to find that fun superman costume! She found wonderwoman, but Superman was lost in the ages...so I borrowed the idea and came up with these! Really an easy costume to sew. They love them and it puts a big smile on my face! I made two of each so if they both want to be Batman or Superman or we have friends over, there's no issues to solve. (yes, Ryan's superman is a little high because I made the waistband too small...so I have to fix that up, but other than that they are set to go!) I love that with these, they want to be good guys...sometimes with swords, they want to try to be bad guys and I have a hard time with that. We'll have to see what I can talk them into for Halloween...Ryan is convinced he wants to be "Dark Vador" even though he's only seen a bit with his cousins...he really doesn't know anything about Star Wars...so we thought. Apparently he sorta does. The other night as he was trying to convince us that he knew what Star Wars was and had seen some of it, he began to describe Darth Mal. It was hilarous since we truly didn't think he knew what he was talking about...guess he does!
So does anyone think these costumes are sufficient for Halloween...even though they are sorta like bibs? I don't have the rest put together yet, but they would coordinate, be cute and good guys.


9 comments:

Sydney said...

Ohhhhh, my gosh. SO cute. Kyle's little squishy arms are too much. I love it. You're awesome and I can't wait to see you at christmas!

whitney said...

so where did you find the superhero pictures for the front of those capes?

Sydney said...

by the way... I loooove Seans face in the last picture

nikki said...

I know Carter wants to wear his for Halloween. We have kind of a Batman half mask thing (which I have issues with for a costume) and figured he could wear black pants and a shirt to make it complete. I think it sounds good!

I love Kyle's baby push-up - favorite baby pose!

Rachel said...

what a little snack that Kyle is. I love the dress up. you'll have to post a "how to" on here. I would love to make something like that. or, buy something like that. I guess I dont really know how to sew.

Jules said...

Man, so cute!! You are so crafty. About the kerchiefs on Naomi, I bought one at Janie and Jack when Isabella was little and got the other at Gap. I have been thinking about making some with some cute material and making an Etsy shop because EVERYWHERE we go people comment on how cute they are--complete strangers.

Amy said...

Great pictures! I think it's great that boys get to play dress up too. They certainly would be a good start to their costumes. Now they just need a unitard! (that would be interesting). I love Mr. Roly Poly, that's a good name for him.

Kristen said...

Where did all this craftiness come from? My boys would LOVE those superhero costumes. Sam sewed them superhero hooded towels and they use those as costumes all the time. Kyle is so cute--Chuck couldn't believe he's the same age as Jane:)

Erica said...

Kyle is so cute and so big...I love him and just want to squeeze him! These are the Saturday activities I have to look forward to! So fun! And I love the costumes!