Thursday, December 04, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great Motley Thanksgiving this year, even though we were sad these guys couldn't come due to serious sickness (try viral meningitis - doesn't that sound awful? poor Nikki can attest to it's awfulness). We met our new niece/cousin, enjoyed really yummy food, played games (dad-pitch baseball, t-ball and soccer) in the yard and I became another year older.


















The Hudson doing his cool tricks (despite the screws that came loose in Chris's collar bone-yikes!). I love that he's holding this ball in the picture. He didn't like letting it leave his sight.


Ryan was very proud of his position in the middle of the kids table...originally planned to be two kids and an adult, until he convinced grandma in the sweetest voice that he could be the helper on the table.


...Yes it's Thanksgiving despite the ketsup on the table. Our nephew's favorite dip...It's okay....I put it into my Mac and cheese and use it on my scrambled eggs.







Ryan loved trying to feel his newest baby girl cousin Emma in Aunt Amy's tiny belly. Yes, she's having a baby in January and you can't tell she's prego in this picture. And she's tall, so it's a really cute belly.


















Erica and Camryn! Who is still so tiny for nearly two months old! My babies sure don't stay small for long!

















Then the next day we headed to cut our Christmas tree from Indian Rock Tree Farm (our 3rd year - after Scott's family went for over thirty years) and were excited the whole gang came to help us choose! Thanks Chris, I think he was the one who found our tree!



























Of course, we had turkey sandwiches, hot chocolate and took a family picture here ...minus the Watsons. :(










Then we finished up the day with a little football and some yummy Apple Hill treats!





Ryan and Sean were having so much fun playing football, and enjoyed splitting into teams (Scott and Sean vs. Grandpa and Ryan).








6 comments:

Amy said...

I love your post. It makes me home sick. I was thinking the other day how much fun I have when I am home. I think I enjoy it so much because it doesn't happen very often. I might take it for granted if I were there more. Needless to say, I'm missing you guys! And we miss the Watson's!

nikki said...

Oh goodness. I've been waiting and waiting for updates and now I have tears in my eyes. How sad to have missed such a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love all these great pics of our fam and you guys had a such great time. It is great to be together. How lucky are we to have each other!!!

Sydney said...

Yay! What a fun update! Looks like tons of fun was had by all! I remember sitting at the kids table. Way to go Ryan for being the helper!

COTA MOM said...

I'm glad Kyle got well so you could have a great Thanksgiving and Birthday. Looks like fun times!

Erica said...

Love your post! You did a good recap without saying a lot. That is a challenge when there was so many fun things! We had such a fun time with you all!

Jules said...

I love the pic of Scott about to tackle his dad. And how did you write on the pictures?