Sunday, April 12, 2009

Celebrate good times, come on!

We've had a busy fun filled week of many celebrations!

the birthday

As mentioned in a previous post, Seanny's birthday was this week! Due to rain, we post-poned his birthday party that was originally scheduled on his big day. Since I didn't want to make a full on cake twice...I made a serious last minute cupcake-cake (which Ryan was so excited about) a soccer ball with green coconut grass...seriously my lamest birthday cake attempt to date. Embarrasing, actually(i only had a few minutes to frost/decorate...and soccer balls are quite a challenge to freehand!)!


Here's the birthday boy with some presents.









the projects
















This week was also Ryan's spring break, so he got to play with us all week, but most importantly on our Preschool co-op day. I was pretty excited about this preschool project I found online for Easter! It's Jesus' empty tomb - made out of paper plates. Then we made chocolate pops from melted chocolate. And of course we dyed some easter eggs too...no cracked shells this year! (last year - Sean kept dropping the egggs into the cups too hard:( )

the amusement park

Friday we finally (we got season passes for Christmas from Scott's parents - yay!) got to go to Discovery Kingdom - which is a mix between Sea World, a Zoo and an amusement park. Here is a tiger diving after a chunk of meat.

Scott and Ryan throwing shockers on the mini roller coaster. Ryan has grown up a bunch this year as he went on a big, real roller coaster, the Cobra (last summer he wouldn't do a comparable one). Sean was really sad he couldn't go on the Cobra with dad and Ryan.
















After the Shouka show! They loved it!















A Cheetah. Such a beautiful animal!










The cougars came up close to the fence to say hi to us...and made their cool noise!

Four flipping dolpins!

















the party

Saturday was the highly anticipated birthday party (after testing out Sean's new golf club at the driving range)! Sean decided a soccer party would be fun...so Coach Scott brought out the cones, goals and whistle! He got the kids doing warm ups, some drills and ended with a game. Sean was in heaven! Since he's watched Ryan play on a soccer team, and now a t-ball team...he finally had his moment. His smile was so big, the kind that makes you feel so good...knowing how happy he was!




the teams...











































A much better attempt at a soccer cake...especiallt since the soccer ball's design is officially super difficult to draw! (ignore the mushed frosting...there was a bit of a mishap in the fridge.)

the hunt

And today was Easter! We started off the day with an egg hunt in our backyard. I love their genuine excitement! When they squeal and laugh with glee it is so fun! We've heard a lot of that this week!













Easter Roll ~ Tombs
After our egg hunt we had these Easter rolls...I copied it from an old friend...but didn't remember it precisely. I'd only remembered that you use the frozen bread rolls and wrap them around a large marshmellow and cook - which created an empty tomb roll. I'd had this in my mind all year - but all I remembered was the marshmellow. I forgot she also dipped them in a bit of butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar - would have been a hit since Ryan mention he thought I was making cinnamon rolls. Also, I only had mini mellows so I just put a bunch in and so the hole for the tomb wasn't as good...but I just wanted to pass along the idea. I'd never heard of it before and I think it's a great tradition! Thanks Camille!














Handsome Easter boys before church! Capturing eyes and smiles from all three boys is pretty difficult all by myself!










Then we got to have another egg hunt after dinner with cousins!





















Checking out the loot!























What a nice evening!

















the tooth

And the finale of the week of celebrating. Ryan noticed a loose tooth on Tuesday. He was so excited. From the first moment of wiggles he began talking about getting money from the tooth fairy. Then, even though he made sure we were careful on each tooth brushing, he decided tonight that it was time to pull it out. Scott gave him options...pull it out with finger, pull it out with string and finger, pull it out with string attached to doorknob. He chose pulling it out with a finger by dad. But that little wiggly tooth was a slippery one! So he decided to switch plans to the string attached to a doorknob!

After Scott got a lasso loop securely around that wiggly little tooth (many tries later) he gave it a tug and the tooth was out...they never made it to the doorknob. So brave. I remember my Grandpa Gene suggesting we attach a string to a doorknob to get one of my teeth out and it terrified me! No way ho-se! But my little man is growing up and chose it himself!



What a week. Hope I didn't bore you. We've had a great time...last night Sean asked what fun things we were going to get to do today. Today was a great one...our bishops wife even brought the kids a new Star Wars Lego set that she said the Easter Bunny left at her house for them...imagine the glee!

Tomorrow can't possibly top the last 5 days!

14 comments:

Amy said...

Carrie, you make us all look bad I tell you! What a fun week! I didn't know you got Discovery Kingdom passes? How awesome! You'll have to go there lots. The cake looks amazing as always, great job. The boys look so adorable in their new Easter digs. I'm surprised that Ryan wanted to pull out his tooth so soon after the first signs of it being loose. And, who ever came up with the doorknob idea (the worst ever)...my dad always tried to do it to us. Who in their right mind would do that?! Just a few more weeks till we get to join in the Motley fun, can't wait.

nikki said...

So much fun stuff I don't know what to comment on first! Dylan has his first loose too (we discovered it in Hawaii) and is very excited - but is taking his time. Ryan was a brave little dude to already have it out! Great birthday party festivities - the soccer party (and cake!) are awesome. I love the idea of a sports party like that. I had also heard of the rolls and came across the recipe yesterday. It's on sisterscafe.blogspot.com for the next time you make them. Our Easter was pretty passed over what with us coming home from our trip and stuff - I think we might do the rolls for FHE this week. Love those handsome Easter boys!!

Sydney said...

What an amazing week you've had! Nikki's right I don't know what to comment on first! The boys look so big and cute in their Easter clothes. Fun soccer party and cakes! And I did NOT know Ryan had a loose tooth... man he's getting older and older. I remember one of your loose teeth being yanked out by me pulling your blankey which you were biting on. :)

Erica said...

Serves you right for biting on a blanket at that age! Ha! Just kidding, but that is funny. The boys look adorable as always. Love the cake, you did such an awesome job. I will need to learn that art here in 6 months! Looks like you had an awesome week! And there will be more to come now that the weather is getting nice!

Grandma Becky said...

Ummm... can Sean kick the ball or what!!! What a great picture. I'm so excited to see you all in a few days... Amazing roll idea... I've never heard of that... how clever. You are an amazing mom!!! And Scott the super coach dad... way to go! You can tell Sean was in heaven! Tell Ryan I can't wait to see the missing tooth mouth... And Kyle... so adorable... does he love his mommy or what.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. It seems like yesterday that we were in Grandma Dot's back yard ad you were 5 years old Carrie. I remember you had a bib (Like an apron) made out of a bunnie ears or rabbit ears. You and Sydney were so fun a that age too. Green celophane grass on Easter morning with choc eggs and malted milk balls. You and Sydney decorated some "eggseptional" eggs with grandma. These boys are too much. So sweet. Great photos !! Can I say again I am so proud of you and Sydney for taking up the photo genes in such a big way. I am happy to see it. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Aunt Gina

nikki said...

Yes - I have spent all day playing with my pictures and my blog and not unpacking or cleaning up. Our camera was seriously fun and hopefully I will do a little more of a Hawaii run-down in a later post. All in all, we were really lazy and just enjoyed each other and the water.

I learned how to do the pictures from www.stephmodo.blogspot.com. She has a great blog, btw. So, click on her DIY label and it should show you how to make your pictures bigger in the HTML. Patrick has been begging to go back to the white and I needed a new format because the big photos wouldn't fit on the other one. So that has been my day of playing with the blog. Now I need someone to teach me to do a cool header!

Oh I forgot to talk about Discovery Kingdom - my favorite place ever! We must go this summer!

nikki said...

Ah dang - it's www.stephmodo.com.

Karen M. said...

It was a fun week for you all! The picture of Sean's kick is the best-Cute, cute, cute boys! Can't wait to see Ryan's missing tooth-I'm surprised he was so anxious to get it out!

Sydney said...

Oh my heavens... I LOVE your new header!!

Serenity said...

Wow. What a fun week!! Yout boys are so adorable in their little Easter clothes!!

Thanks for your comment the other day. That meant a lot to me. I just love your family too! You are so sweet Carrie!

Kristen said...

I love the boys' Easter digs. They look so handsome--Kyle is getting so big! In one of the pictures, something about him reminds me of your dad. Parker still hasn't lost any teeth and would be so jealous of Ryan:) Anyway--I love reading about all your fun happenings. You really make me feel like a boring mom:)

Rachel said...

fun days! your cake looked awesome. Do you have a kit for all those little points of frosting? Dan and I are going to get passes for discovery kingdom. We only live a half hour away so let me know if you're heading out there. that would be fun to do with Amy and the kids too. Your boys are so cute. They look adorable all together in their little church outfits.

Jules said...

I can't believe he lost a tooth! Isabella is so slow! These pictures are awesome! They make me so excited to see you guys!!!!