Friday, April 03, 2009

"I'm catching up!"

After going to one of our YW softball games, then Ryan's T-ball game, the boys still didn't want to go inside...so after eating t-ball treats on the driveway, the bikes came out...and on a whim(we'd been talking about it for a while...but hadn't already planned on it that day), Sean's training wheels came off!

It's amazing what the example of an older sibling can do...Sean rode without assistance within seconds of starting and for lots of his first loop! Not once did he act scared or nervous. This video is only his second loop without training wheels! He says as he turns the corner..."I'm catching up!"

After his first loop, he asked for the harness to come off...but isn't that good quite yet. He needs help starting, but once he gets going, he's really good! And of course loves that he can go fast...and thinks it's really cool that you can lay the bike down because it looks like a motorcyle leaning on a kick stand.
* yes, my sister learned to ride about the same time as me...I had a huge bike...she had a tiny one. Ryan's example of riding and having fun showed Sean that it's fun and doable...though as Scott was taking off the training wheels, Ryan was counseling Sean saying, "It's pretty tricky Sean.

His prayer tonight included, "Thank you that I can ride my bike, and help me to get as fast on my bike as Ryan."



Today as "pitcher," he caught lots of grounders and sent them off to first base!











This baby is so tired, only half a nap ~ but he caught a second wind!

9 comments:

Scott said...

Go SEAN!

Anonymous said...

Great riding Sean. I love watching you.
Aunt Gina

Jules said...

That.Is.Awesome. I can't believe it!! I am chalking it up as good CA weather that your kids can ride so well. And maybe more room to practice...hahahah. Sam is not home enough during daylight hours right now to practice with Isabella and how could I do it with Naomi around? Oh well, hopefully this summer.

Sydney said...

Way to go SEAN!!! That's awesome! Oh, and I love catchers and tired babies as well!!

Carrie, I seem to remember that you didn't really learn how to ride your bike until I did... your younger sibling. hehehehe.

Amy said...

What a big boy! I bet he is just SO proud of himself. Now the boys will do nothing but ride bikes all summer long! Maybe we should buy Owen a Trike while we're there, that could be fun. I love the picture of Ryan catching the grounder (great shot). It also goes without saying how much I LOVE Kyle's sweatshirt. He'll probablly be walking the next time I see him.

Kristen said...

How fun! I've been thinking I should get started with Charlie. Your boys are so cute--someday we've got to get all these guys together!

Erica said...

Way to go! Having older siblings is so good for that! Soon Ryan and Sean will be out riding bikes by themselves! How fun is that? And Kyle is so dang cute...love that pulling up stage. And so glad that sweatshirt got so much use!

Karen M. said...

Wow Sean! I think you're the first boy I know to ride a bike before he is 4. Good job being so coordinated! I love Ryan scooping up that ball-no catching butterflies on that day. Cute, cute boys!

nikki said...

Impressive bike riding skills for sure! That is so awesome. I don't know what's up with the 3rd kid but he's not even close. :)

Great fielding pic of Ry!