Winter reunions with the Motley's always includes a snow activity! This time we got to take our boys skiing! So much fun! Sean has never been and was totally excited. Ryan tried once two years ago on a day that was snowing and below zero. He was miserable and nervous. This time was different. He too got really excited and we all had a blast! And they did really great too! In the beginning we had them going on the small bunny hill ~ small enough to be the perfect starting level...but the line for the lift took forever because ski classes took priority so
after wasting so much time in line the first time we hiked the hill every time! It was a great bunny hill...but hiking it in the snow with ski boots was great exercise! Dad was nice enough to give the boys a ride up on his shoulders several times. 

Here is Sean! He was hilarious! More than once he bent his knees just right and skiid perfectly all the way to the fence where he stopped!
Yay for Aunt Nikki who brought her camera and took our pictures! I owe her one...in all of our traveling back and forth visits I had left mine at Grandma's!

Yay for Aunt Nikki who brought her camera and took our pictures! I owe her one...in all of our traveling back and forth visits I had left mine at Grandma's! This is where it got funny! We were tired of hiking the bunny hill and decided to go on the next ski lift up. The second half of the hill was smooth sailing for these little guys, however the first bit was a little sketchy steep for beginners...so Scott brought out his ski leashes! I laughed many times down the hill:) For some reason Sean kept veering off to the edge. We were quite a sight!
Thanks to Grandpa Motley who played with Kyle all day! And thanks to Nikki who watched our boys while Scott and I got to go down a few runs of our own! And thanks to Patrick who noticed that I dropped Scott's goggles off of the ski lift! Phew!
It's so fun to go skiing with my hubby. He's so good! Very speedy down the hill...which means he passes me but I like it ~ fun to watch!
Can't forget that we got to meet our newest family member ~ baby Georgia!
The day ended with a cousin dance competition and party. They got individual turns and group time. The funniest thing was Dylan (who's on the floor in this pic) did break dancing for his turn...Kyle later immitated him. Fun boys!

















6 comments:
FUN!!! I miss skiing. Looks like your boys are natural skiers!
I am glad Nikki got some good pics. I love the one of all of you guys! You will have to take them again next year, such a great sport for the whole family! We need to see a video of Kyle dancing! That was the funniest!
Sweet! They're dancing with their heads in their shirt like that! I used to do that in college!
Baby Georgia!!! She's so cute! That's one of the few pictures I've seen of her. Skiing looks fun and caotic at the same time. I would've liked to see all the boys skiing loads of fun... and next time get Owen up there :).
I like your snowy pictures-sad that I forgot to bring your camera and we could be watching videos of this day instead! So good that the boys had a good experience this time and will want to go again. We do need to see those dance videos. Kyle was in rare form!
How fun!
Post a Comment