Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter-eggstravaganza and Spring Break!

Happy Easter! What a nice week we had!

Terrible picture of our yummy easter tomb rolls. But the empty tomb worked better this year!
*wrap a thawed frozen Rhodes bread dough around a large marshmellow. Seal tightly.
*dip in butter and then cinnamon/sugar mixture.
*cook on 350 for 15 minutes.
*serve quickly. Gooey yumminess!
This one pictured somehow doesn't look as yummy as some of the other ones. Less gooey. You can also assemble the night before and put them in the fridge overnight. I started with dough that had risen overnight so I didn't let it rise again.
Easter breakfast:
Tomb rolls
Hard boiled eggs
Orange slices

Easter was is a beautiful day ~ despite our very cold and blustery weater here. Because we had General Conference, we stayed home ~ all together ~ watched General Conference, including a few beautiful Easter talks on our Savior, ate yummy food, had a little hunt in the yard, watched two PowerPoint presentations (from previous Silent Lesson presentations) on the computer about Jesus ~ one to I know that my Redeemer Lives and the other to I believe in Christ.

In reverse order...








Ryan finds an egg in our very windy and cold but before the rain came between General Conference sessions on Easter Sunday!

The boys and their pretty colored eggs and my beautiful tulips from Scott!
















The week before Easter...on a gorgeous Saturday morning...our super awesome friend hosted an egg hunt for some friends! LOOK how cute it was!










Ryan is all about hunting and could not be interrupted to look at the camera.























Meanwhile, Kyle was delayed because he knew there was candy inside the eggs...he learned from Ryan's school hunt the day before.


















Grandma helping Kyle get back on track!
























Post hunting mayhem on the trampoline. Don't worry...they dumped the candy into their baskets before jumping into them!
At one point, Sean got hit in the head with an egg...I watched intently to see what his reaction would be...since he'd gotten hit with a rock on the head before the hunt...He calmly said, while rubbing his head, "I don't think that's a very good idea." Which I'm fairly certain no one heard.
What a fun morning!

Day before...Ryan's 1st grade Easter Egg Hunt...over 2500 eggs donated by families....each kid allowed exactly 17 eggs...Ryan followed the rules precisely.


















So many eggs!

After hunting picnic.

















Not pictured: Sean's preschool Easter Egg hunt!

A whole lotta fun! And Grandma came to town for Spring break too!
Folsom Zoo....the bears were out and close to see really good. Here's one who was actually the farthest away!



Of course we had to take a ride on the train! Kyle loved it!

The big boys thought they were so cool to get to ride in the cargo car!



And we got to spend some time visiting with Grandma Lee.


Here are the boys telling her all about Bakugan's.

Other stuff we did:
* showed Grandma our new trails.
* enjoyed some Rubios Fish Tacos (a western treat).
* watched Ryan play baseball ~ he made a legitamate out playing second base!!! So exciting~despite the fact that I didn't see it. Seriously so bummed. I saw everything else, but that! Argh!
* Ryan discovered how good he is at playing catch and how much he loved it. Took baseball mitt along with him whereever we went...happened to have it when we needed to run into a grocery store for a few things. Luckily Scott's was in the back and per Ryan's request they played catch in the parking lot instead of coming into the store! So cute. SCOTT WAS IN HEAVEN!
* watched Scott play softball (where I got hit by a line drive foul ball on my shoulder. Still tender...so lucky it wasn't my head! I probably would have blacked out!)
* rain ruined Scott's day off and our hike plans on Friday. Bummer.
* watched General Conference! So awesome.
So nice to spend time together! Thanks for all the fun mom! We love you and miss you!

5 comments:

Sydney said...

Wow! What a fun filled week you guys had! Is it me or does Ryan look like he is so tall and old in most of those pictures? In one of them Ryan and Sean look SO much alike. And Holy COW Kyle is cute. What a fun little guy with a great head of curls :) awwww! That picture at the end is great! You can see the relation in each of you. So cute!!!

Jules said...

Looks like fun! Funny that you had bad weather on Easter and we were almost in the 80s! HA! We switched on you!

Glad you got hit in the shoulder with the ball and not the STOMACH!

We saw Syd and Mike the other day b/c she was watching General Conf. at our friend's house just down the street! Funny!

Amy said...

Talk about an eggstravagsanza! How fun that your mom was able to come and celebrate with you. I'm dying to know what was in the tomb rolls, I couldn't tell by the picture.

Erica said...

I love that picture of the boys with the bear. Such great smiles from all of them and I have a love for zoos. I also love the easter hunt in the green fields. So pretty! That is how all of the hunts should be!

nikki said...

You did have a fabulous extravaganza!! Your kids all look like they had a great holiday. I love how your pictures are in this post!