Monday, April 11, 2011

Sean Birthday Happy! ~or~ yppaH yadhtriB naeS!!!

We had a backwards party for Sean's 6th Birthday!
It was the perfect theme for our son who regularly puts his shirts on backwards, and doesn't mind, or want to bother to switch it to the front!  I did however fail in having him wear a more obviously backwards shirt!  Oops.

The party started off with free time on the Trampoline while our inside out pizza's cooked!
{super easy dinner ~ thaw Rhodes bread rolls...flatten with fingers and put pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese inside.  Roll in Parmesean Cheese ~ I like to sprinkle with Garlic Salt too.  We usually make this with ham and swiss cheese inside, but I modified it into pizzas for our party!  We loved them!}

Our games included stick the nose on the snowman {furthest away from his face won!}

Freeze dance...but you dance when the music stops and freeze when the music starts!  Surprisingly these kids had no problem dancing to no music!  It was quite funny.  They wanted to play this again and again!

Walking backwards with Golf balls on a spoon...I underestimated how easy this would be for the kids.
So first try, they were able to use two hands.  Then since this was too easy, Grandpa Motley suggested one hand only...still too easy!  So then he came up with holding the spoon in your mouths!  Remember, they are still walking backwards and they all did great!  Again, another successful game!  


Then we took a picture of them upside down...which was a little tough since they kept falling off the couch due to silliness.
 See how come of the kids wore collared shirts backwards?  Good sports!
 So the cake was my biggest let down for this party.  Sean was insistent we make this clown cake since we had inherited the cake pan.  I wanted to find something else silly or wonky...for instance a tiered topsy turvy cake...but he wasn't impressed.  He wanted the clown because clowns are silly and it was a silly party.  SO I made it.  But then I didn't outline his eyes and changed his eyes from plus signs to x's...thinking it would make him look like he has twinkly/sparkley eyes...but Scott told me that in cartoon, x eyes means they are dead!  SO I made a dead clown for the party! 
*Oh an I got resparking candles...Sean didn't think they were as funny as I thought he would.
 And one guest got creative in his gift tag!  Nice backwards writing!!!
 Sean's been wanting these spy goggles for a long time!

 Gift bags ~ with names spelled backwards!
And we hung balloons upside down from the ceiling!

~My friend cut out a banner for Sean..and our other kids too!  We loved having the banner and can't wait to use them every year!  A fun new tradition!
Overall, it was a really successful party!  The theme was different, I felt somewhat relaxed and we all had fun!   

I also made Baseball Cake Balls and whoopie pies for Sean's class...as requested by Sean...except he actually wanted them on the sticks and two cake balls...one baseball, one football.  And the baseball markings didn't go around the entire ball, nor did it have the arrows on the red lines...at least he knows what he likes, right?

Happy Birthday Sean!  We love you! 
As my dad said in he card to Sean, Sean, you are so you and we are glad you are!
He's a funny funny boy, a great sharer, a great little brother to Ryan and big brother to the little ones.  He's always out to have fun, usually has a positive outlook on things, even when they don't work out how he'd like.  He's a ball of energy and we don't/want or couldn't even imagine our lives without our awesome Sean!

*posted General Conference too today {with awesome new picture of my four boys!}...better late than never:)

9 comments:

Atherly Family said...

Yppah yadhtirb Naes!! Tahw a nuf aedi rof a ytrap!! Uoy era os evitaerc!

Erica said...

No way am I writing backwards! That is talent Amy! What a cute party for such a cute and dynamic little boy! Love the backwards games and ideas! And I need that cake ball recipe those things are so good! And did you know Uncle Ryan has been obsessed with those whoopie pies! That boy has good taste! Happy B-day Seany...we love you and Camryn loves you the most!

Karen M. said...

It all turned out fun-even the cake! The candles were the best and he thought for sure he'd suggeed in getting them all out with one breath. What a cute boy that just keeps getting cuter with age!

Mom/Grandma/Becky said...

Looks like so much fun! I can hear him laughing! What a fun idea... Sean's Primary teacher in our ward was remembering what a great singer he is and how much he knew all about Moses in the bulrushes. Happy Birthday again!

nikki said...

What a great day for such a cute boy! I'm super impressed with the great party that is equal parts super cute and laid back. Love the backwards theme!!

Sydney said...

How fun is that!! Happy birthday to Sean!!

Loren said...

Looks like an amazing party!! Grant was so sad to miss it....dang Taekwondo belt test!!! Such a fun idea and looks like all the kids had a great time!!

Julie said...

!!!!!etuc oS You are such an awesome mom! I wish we lived closer so I could come to your parties :).

Scott said...

Eirrac evitaerc.
Rehtom gnivol.
Emosewa si Naes.