We love her and will miss her, but are happy for her to be with my Grandpa Rol and her parents!
Gorgeous picture of her!
I am guessing late 1977 or early 1978. Grandma and me!
1983 or so...My mom and Grandma on the couch...my mom's two brothers kneeling down and my dad standing in the back. Hilarious that all three guys have facial hair! My dad had a mustache for years, but not always the beard.
4 Generations! Me and baby Syd, mom, Grandma Lee and Great Grandma Lilly!
Grandma Lee and Grandpa Rol when they first went to the Temple together!
The Bull sisters! Grandma was the oldest of the 4 sisters and took care of them for much of her growing up years when their mother worked to make airplane parts during World War II.
What great sisters!
During the 80s, my sister and I performed in a group called, "KIDS R MUSIC!" We had many performances a year...with different shows for different times during the year! Both sets of Grandparents and Aunt Gina and Aunt Tracy came to our shows all the time!
Grandma and Me...there's a much better picture of this if I recall correctly.Grandma and Grandpa -1970s
My favorite! Grandma and Grandpa 1999 at my Wedding!
Aunt Jo, Grandma and me!
Me with my Grandma's! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
Mom and Grandma, 2001
Some favorite memories of Grandma Lee:
- When we were younger, she would play records and dance around...with a little la da da in her voice.
- She took us to Oak Glen during the Fall...I remember riding in the back of her car on a road that was hilly like a roller coaster...and I remember following the painted bear footprints somewhere there...even though we were there for apple stuff, I remember some taxidermy bears and the painted bear footprints.
- A few trips to Solvang.
- Her cooking...always yummy food, but especially the sauteed yams...in a sweet sauce that made everything taste like candy!
- She was such a hard worker...working several jobs at a time to support her three children in a day when divorce was rare...she worked from age 10, taking care of relatives and sisters.
- She loved to dance, taught ballroom dancing when she was younger...
- An excellent seamstress! Made my mom gorgeous formals!
- {How did she have time to become an excellent seamstress, cook, dancer and tend her sisters and work so much? What a renaissance woman!}
- Coming to all our shows! There were lots!
- Teaching us manners...napkins on laps.
- Taking us out to eat...and getting dessert!
- Her regular Friday night group date with Grandpa and their Las Vegas friends to In-n-Out...Scott and I got to tag along a few times.
- Seeing her dressed in white with other family the first time I went to the Temple.
- Flocked Christmas trees.
- Bouncing Ryan on her knee the first time she met him when he was 6 months old.
It brings me so much happiness to know she can once again dance and talk and be with her loved ones!
Sean with Grandmas 2007
Kyle with Grandma Lee ~ Christmas 2008
Love you Grandma!































4 comments:
Beautiful tribute Carrie. I love the picture of you in your wedding dress with your grandmother. Gorgeous. And the bottom picture brought a tear to my eye. Spirit to spirit, where age does not matter.
Love, Brenda Smart
Love all these pictures. So fun to see all these memories.
Tears in my eyes... Thanks Carrie... Love you and all your sweet boys... big and little boys!
What great pictures--you and your mom both have her beautiful cheekbones. When my mom called to tell me that her mom had passed away, I remember telling her that it made me so happy to think of her reunited with my sweet papa and my mom said, "I know. I'm happy for her...but so sad for me."
Post a Comment