Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And everybody came and everybody sang...

Happy Birthday Sean! One of my favorite books this year has been Little Gorilla. It's not new, just new to me. For those of you who haven't read it ... I'm including some of the words below...

"Little Gorilla"
Once there was a little gorilla, and everybody loved him. His mother loved him. His father loved him. His grandma and grandpa and his aunts and uncles loved him. Even when he was only one day old, everybody loved little Gorilla. ..........Just about everybody in the great green forest loved Little Gorilla. Then one day something happened. Little Gorilla began to grow and grow and Grow and GROW and one day, Little Gorilla was BIG!
And everybody came, and everybody sang, "Happy Birthday Little Gorilla!" And everybody still loved him.

Anyhow, Sean turned two on Easter and we celebrated a few different times with a few different relatives throughout the week! For my kids birthdays I have enjoyed making different shaped cakes. So this year, for Sean's 2nd birthday I made Lightning McQueen! I have to say, I'm not an expert and Ryan's first birthday was the first one I ever did, but I've had a lot of fun creating these different cakes and I've been pretty proud of myself!
Here's the boys on Easter. Who doesn't love a kid in adorable new Easter clothes!
By the way, can you tell by my blog catching up that it's the first time in 3 or 4 weeks that Ryan took a nap! Ha!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Your boys look so cute. When you have multiple boys, how can you resist matching? I'm guilty of it all the time--it's so dang cute. By the way, you and Sam and your fancy birthday cakes are giving me a complex! You'll have to come down in July and whip up a couple for me:)

Jules said...

FINALLY!! I have been checking your blog almost every day for the past month and here I am surprised at all these entries! Looks like you are having lots of fun and it's encouraging me to take more pictures. Love the boys in their matching outfits. I haven't figured out how to do that with a boy and a girl.