Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Apron Love!

I've been inspired! I was thankful for this newfound inspiration because during the last few weeks, I've witnessed several sad events (a MOMs Club friend's husband passed away from a freak accident, our family friend lost their baby and the Virginia Tech tragedy). One day I happened to find an apron online (the apple and pear one) and thought it was so cute! Then Julie emailed me a link to a great blog that had an even more fabulous apron(the 1/2 apron ruffle one)! Somehow I fell in love with these things! How adorable would you feel making dinner or dessert in these!?







I love making gifts for when babies are born. They are so cute and easy! When I saw the first apron, I thought...WOW! I could do that...I think. And what a fun gift..that isn't related to babies. And so original! But then further research showed that in many circles these fashionable aprons are chic and already a trend. Regardless, I love the happy fabrics and cute styles! They make me want to make a cake and put it on a cakestand to display on the counter. Or make pizza and cookies with my kids (both we've done recently and you get flour everywhere!). Basically they inspire me to be a better homemaker (which I do enjoy) and who doesn't need a little inspiration?

I've discovered many blogs with a purpose...photography, crafts, food, etc...soon a friend is starting her own travel blog! Many people offer their own experiences, but somehow seen to inspire along the way (a few friends from long ago ...www.twoandthensome.blogspot.com (she has a great way with words-Hello! I lOVE the name of her blog) or http://homeschoolblogger.com/henryteachers (inspiration through homeschooling). I started thinking that mine was rather simple and I needed to step it up! How cool and fun to read...but I'm no expert in anything. I'm a dabbler...like to try several things. My blog is just really about our family because we have so many family and friends far far away and it's a fun way to keep in touch with the simple everyday things. So this is just about us and our simple lives, but since we don't live enormously exciting lives and I do enjoy new and interesting stuff or a good find, I thought it'd be fun to include them for those who might enjoy something a little different from time to time. Don't expect too much though, by no means will this be a regular thing! Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

Jules said...

Care--
You are awesome at so many things! I can't wait to see your apron. I have to build up the courage to go to the fabric store with my banshee 1 year old and find material even half as cute as those!

Kristen said...

I love the aprons. My mom has an old one of my great grandma's that reminds me of the white and red one with bows on the pockets. So where do you find a cute pattern for one of those? I'm also going to check out your friend's homeschooling blog--it looks like I'll be homeschooling at some point and I'm always wanting ideas. So when are we going to get together? We'll be in San Diego in September. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle. Miss you!

Inspiration Station said...

Carrie,
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. It is fun to see yours too and catch up on your family. It's been awhile since we were hall neighbors as freshman at BYU. :) I love these aprons. I agree they would make working in the kitchen a little more enjoyable. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Aprons are just the thing for when you come home from church and need to get busy in the kitchen. You can be really creative with a small piece of fabric. Such fun