
If you'd never heard anyone say that word...how would you say it? Yos -e - mite??? or Yosemity? I think I'd say it the wrong way... Sorry food for thought.
As previously mentioned, we went to Yosemite last weekend! Greatness. We hiked to the top of Vernal Falls. It is only about 1.5 miles one way, so not too bad. However, the last third of the hike has steep stairs in rock. AND...we had bunches of kids with us...Sean spent that portion in the backpack on me and Scott had Ryan on his shoulders for lots of the hike. Nikki was Iron mommy and had Carter...in the backpack from start to finish! Jake (7) and Dylan (4 1/2) literally did the entire hike all by themselves! WOW! Scott had Dylan on his shoulders for a few minutes on the way down, near the end...but it was very short lived. Scott dunked many of the kids heads in the river at the top...icy cold water! Ryan loved climbing rocks during every rest break. We saw TWO rattle snakes! What! Rangers swear they don't live in Yosemite. Sorry. We saw TWO...right on the trail. Yuck. On our way up, we saw a companionship of Elders coming down...they had nametags on...and we saw a family...BYU shirt on...Gotta love those mormons and their "Wholesome recreational activites!"
Soooo glad we went!
The Cousin Picture













5 comments:
It looks like you've been having so much fun! I'm still trying to figure out what we should do for summer vacation. If I'm not careful, the summer will be over!
Beautiful. A place I definitely need to go! You guys need some girls! Maybe your 3rd will be a girl!
Such handsome boys! We have six grandsons (and no granddaughters) on my side too. Kimberly is prego right now and bets are on as to the gender.
Wow! I love that place. Such happy memories. I remember the rattlesnake I ran into on the trail. It was a baby and it rattled... scary. It was so close to my foot, but I was moving fast. It looks like you all had so much fun. What a picture perfect day it was...
Seriously! That picture of you and Ryan on the tube in the pool is sooooo cute! You guys look so much alike! So fun! Love you!
Post a Comment