We officially "retired" our Mazda today. It's been good to us, but oh so annoying too - which I can freely admit - now that I don't have to speak nicely of it so as not to jinx it and make it brake down. California is a funny place - they pay you $1000 to retire your vehicle if it doesn't pass smog inspection(yet we still have the most of the top 10 worst smog cities of America). Since we were going to sell it to our neighbors for $750 and the state wanted to give us more so we took more:) So we explained to our kids that we were going to take it to the Junk Yard, like where Mater from Cars lives. There, they would take it apart and sell the tires and the windows and seats and all the other good parts before they crushed it to recycle the metal.
Ryan then asks, "Dad, when they crush it, will the horn honk?"
He thinks of everything!
Ryan was really sad when we left it there. I admit, I think it looked real lonely. No one to care for it any longer. No more laugher from little boys, no more crumbs, no more toys. You were good to us - usually.
Another Ryan ancedote: Last weekend Scott read they boys the Charlie and Lola book, I will never not ever eat a Tomato. Later, Ryan says I want a bowl of meatballs with a fork (this is another story - Ikea's restaurant has a kids bowl of swedish meatballs - our kids saw the advertisements in the store and could not stop asking for a bowl of JUST meatballs - I can't remember them even eating meatballs previously. We didn't even go into the restaurant.). Anyhow, then he amends his request to, no, I want a bowl of meatbals and lettuce (he thinks he now likes lettuce, though I don't think he really does). Sean says, "No lettuce for me, I don't like lettuce." So Scott says, (like how the book describes that foods are different things from outer space) "But Sean, that's not lettuce, it's Jupiter leaves!" Sean responds, "What's Jupiter?" Scott describes our planet and the other planets in our Solar System that revolves around our sun. Then Ryan asks, "Dad, are there other Solar Systems out there?" What a mind.
We love when he reveals what's going on in there!
Oh yea...Ryan has been coming up with jokes lately. He'll say to you, "Hey, wanna hear a good joke?" You say sure...He says, "What did the chicken say to the duck?" You say, I dunno, what? He replies: "Chicken! Haa haa ha!"
Yes, we realize his jokes make NO sense! He'll repeat the same pattern of joke with other random things substituted in, like a couch and a chair or a t.v., etc. I've got to get him to remember some real jokes that make sense. He does however get us to laugh because they make no sense, we can't help but laugh at him.
What would we do without his 4 year old brain? We love you Ryan!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













6 comments:
Hey Carrie--Has Julie had her baby yet? I keep checking her blog, and there's no update. Though I know when you've just had a baby, blogging is not a first priority :) Also, I LOVE your blog template. Can you tell me where to go to find cute free templates? Thanks!
cutie ryan. sounds like CA gave you a good deal for the mazda!
Cute!! I am cracking up at the horn comment. Ryan is a smart little man. How did you answer the Solar System question?
Oh, I would be so sad to take my car to the dump, even if it was less than reliable. Just thinking of all the memories...and I swear cars feel like a part of the family. Sounds like a good deal though. And at least you can say that you were the last owner and that it's parts will go to deserving people! I am way too sentimental, can you tell? I love my nephews! I know they know more things than we give them credit for. I can't wait to have conversations with Owen, and learn what's going on in that brain of his. Talk to you soon!
Priceless.
(Thanks SO much for recording and sharing these scenes with us all.)
"Love, love, love . . . "
Dad/Grandpa Scott
That is a way good deal! Sad little Mazada-but now you have the cool van for more memories. Ok, so I never knew that kids could be so entertaining. I love hearing your family stories. They are classic! You will be so glad you have this years from now. I am very said that we don't get to see you next week. LAME
Post a Comment