
Things I absolutly love about being a mom:
- all the funny things they do and say.
- hugs and kisses.
- watching them sleep.
- watching them laugh.
- watching them play together nicely.
- talking to them.
- figuring out what's going on in their ever working brains!
- teaching them secular and spiritual things.
I love that Mother's Day is on a Sunday and I get to go to church. I'm always very inspired by the talks given and the other Mother's around me.
Happy Mother's Day mom! Thank you for your example and teaching! Thank you for all that you have done throughout the years and still to do to be my mom and friend. I love you!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone else out there! I know a lot of great moms. Thank you for your examples as I learn from you too. I am so greatful for my relationships with each of you!
On a separate note: My kids have been taught to be careful about scissors and cleaners, etc. I'm usually (hubby might disagree) pretty good about keeping them out of reach, but have also thought that I'd taught them well enough that they wouldn't make unwise choices with these things if they had the opportunity. Well, today when I picked Ryan up from preschool, he looked like this:
Yes. He took a pair of scissors and cut his hair!
I am so surprised! Ryan is very obedient and even though I've taught him to only cut paper, I guess there is a point when kids will be kids.
Oh well. It could be much worse and it was time for a cut anyhow.













13 comments:
I have said it before and I'll say it again, I married SuperMom! She is so great... with grace and beauty, she carries this family... it is a privilege to support her. It is really something to watch her in action, I am continuously dazed. I am not sure what I did to be worthy of her. I am the luckiest man alive! Carrie, Thanks you, I love you very much.
P.S. Yes, hubby would strongly disagree with the scissors comment... and "etc." could include sewing pins. :) Sorry babe, but if you didn't, you might be taken up as the "City of Enoch"... so it's a good thing!
Alrighty, we've got a debate going here. I can honestly admit to not always doing great with scissors...but there hasn't been a stray sewing pin in YEARS! And the one or two he's EVER found I don't even think were mine...stray mens new shirt pins lost in carpet and eventually resurfaced. I know it is one of his (and my dads) nightmares for him or a child to walk onto a straight pin...but it doesn't happen, now does it? :)
Well, every kid has to experiment with cutting their hair some time. I think I cut my hair. Ryan is getting SO OLD!! You are a great mom! I love you and I can't wait to see you!
Way cute "mom" moments! I love it. Ryan looks like he is so proud of what he's done. Erica did this when she was young and it was VERY tramatic for my mom. Scott is so good to you. I'm glad you have each other. You ARE an amazing mother. You should be celebrated every day! Are you taking a trip to VA?
Oh my - I love that picture of your 3 boys! Hope you had a great Mother's day! Great mom moments - I wholeheartedly agree. You are a great mom and a great example to me. I loved Scott's comments for you - so true!
Gotta love haircutting trauma. This hasn't happened at our house...yet.
Your boys are so cute!! I just want to squeeze Kyle! If it's any comfort, I cute my hair to Ryan's length when I was around his age, but it was about 5 inches longer to begin with.
I think you should just cut the rest of his bangs straight across to match and he could have the perfect Lloyd haircut. Chuck would love it:) I can't believe what a little Carrie clone he is!
Sacred/precious moments; moments grandparents and greatgrandparents use to sneek a peek into your daily lives.
What would we do without the Internet, blogs, and digital cams?
Thanks Carrie for your blogging desires. May they never cease.
(BTW, Ryan, Sean, and Kyle's own grandkids and great grandkids will ALSO love these insights into your lives.)
Much love,
Dad/Scott
BTW: Yes, I have ususally been the one to "find" the assorted lost pins, pens, tweezers, old/bent staples, and scissors, etc. around our house.
Why is it that I seem to be the (only) one to get pins stuck into my toes walking around the house?
:-)
xo
kennedi cut herself some bangs a few weeks ago. i guess it's just a kids rite of passage! oh and cute shot of the three boys.
My gosh! Kyle is getting so cute! He looks like Scott in that picture. Happy Mother's day-belated! You have very cute kids and fun little moments, now that is what I have to look forward too! Time for a full on haircut for Ryan...it'll be cute anyway! Luckily he is a boy!
Those are the moments of motherhood where its all worth it. Congrats on the beautiful baby boy! So precious.
Talon cut a huge chunk out of his hair too. Even in the exact same spot! Ha! I think our boys would have fun together. :)
Your boys look great, and congratulations on Kyle!
I felt compelled to comment, because my Avery took scissors to her hair last Friday and gave herself a backwards widow's peak and shagged sides.
I took her to the salon to salvage the damage, and the hairdresser actually said she didn't do that bad of a job and that she had "skillz." whatever. she cut her hair!! Anyway, congratulations, three kids is a lot of fun but the more fun you have, the more work....
lots of love, lisa
Post a Comment