Friday, October 17, 2008

A Girl!

No, not ours. We have a NIECE! Isn't she precious!

Scott's youngest sister had her first baby a few days ago, the ninth grandchild, but the first girl! Little Camryn looks as sweet as could be.

Her parents were shocked by all her dark hair. Made me reminisce to when my first was born(I was totally surprised by how much hair Ryan had)! Man, what an incredible time. Welcoming each of our sons to earth was so special and joyous, but there is nothing like your first. For the first time - becoming a mom and the quiet peaceful baby that is now all yours! I wish I remembered more. Someday when I've got more time, I watch the videos I took of him, especially since I realized we hardly took any of the other babies, but lots of Ryan...oops.

Welcome to earth baby Camryn! We love you already!

3 comments:

nikki said...

I was thinking the exact same thing since I heard Camryn had a arrived. There is no experience quite like the baby that makes you a mom. Suddenly, you have a family and you are parents!! I love how alert she is in the carseat pic. Can't wait to meet her - I agree that it didn't feel real until she actually got here. But it always feels like that to me with pregnancy...

Amy said...

Diddo. Lately, because I know my time is running out, I've been trying to snuggle and squeeze Owen more than normal. It's kinda sad that he won't be my "baby" anymore. Please tell me it's the same joy and instant love with a second as it is with a first. I can't wait to go home to see you all and this sweet little one.

Kristen said...

It's so funny how our families are on the same baby schedule:) Jane was #9 and the first girl on my side too.