I've had so many thoughts and feelings in the last few weeks that I've wanted to journal...but
a)haven't found time to sit down and do it.
b)my camera hasn't linked to my computer for about 3 months and makes it all more difficult.
c)my computer barely works - it shuts down unexpectedly quite frequently these days...I've tried a few things and just don't know what to do next. Argh.
d)so many things keep happening, don't know what to start on!
So here's a run down of my thoughts...a)haven't found time to sit down and do it.
b)my camera hasn't linked to my computer for about 3 months and makes it all more difficult.
c)my computer barely works - it shuts down unexpectedly quite frequently these days...I've tried a few things and just don't know what to do next. Argh.
d)so many things keep happening, don't know what to start on!
1. I've been soaking in my family lots these days and love them to pieces. Recently one night at dinner I said, "I sure love my family." Scott said he was almost about to say the same thing. Sean has been saying it ever since.
2. My friend Kristen posted thoughts about the Family Proclamation and the Arizonan girl Stephanie Nielson (NieNie). She and her husband were in a plane crash - less than a mile from my friend's Kristen's home and suffered severe/critical burns (if you haven't already heard). She did her own post about the Family Proclamation as NieNie did in the Summer of 2007. I would love to do this too...gotta find the time!
3.I love fall and have been full of Fall glee these past few days. It is beautiful! I've accepted the difference in Fall here verses other places (Virginia and Utah). September still retains some super warm days, but they are mixed with beautiful days in the 80s too. About half way through September, we started feeling a bit less summer like around here. On Oct. 1 I made Maple Apple Chicken to officially welcome Fall and it was my good luck charm! It's been AWESOME ever since! I realized something fantastic about Fall here...CLOUDS! I've always loved clouds. Really, I get so excited when the clouds are special. Utah has some great clouds. Love em! Well I realized that Fall in this area has fabulous clouds! Summer here lacks the spectacular Thunder and Lightning RAIN Storms of Virginia(You might have to have lived there to understand the awesomeness of a Summer Storm! People unaccustomed to weather like that might be inclined to think a downpour during the summer would be a nuisance. Oh not so my friends! It'll be hot and humid and then the atmosphere will build and it will POUR. I mean really pour. Not everyone has seen it rain that hard. I promise. I've lived in Utah, Nevada and California and it's rare for a rain storm in my experience to actually compare to the force and size of those Virginian rain drops. Now, I've never been in a hurricane, a Tropical Storm, yes. But regular everyday storms produce crazy amounts of water. Anyhow, after these dumping storms which usually finishes within a short period of time - the humidity has been mostly rained out and everything seems fresh. Lightning is not taken lightly out there...down side, my friends house has been struck by lightning several times.). Back to my point...We are drier than dry during the summer in these parts. Needless to say, I miss me those good summer storms. As a result of these weather patterns, we have perfectly clear skies all summer long. It's great for lots of pool parties, bbqs, park days, etc. Very reliable weather. I love living here, many advantages - but I can still miss other stuff too. So. The moral to the story is, all of a sudden we get clouds in the FALL! Beautiful glorious clouds! They make me soo happy!
4.Ryan had an awesome Jog-A-Thon fundraiser at school. Deserves it's own post.
5.General Conference just finished today and I loved it all! I will probably post some of my favorite quotes when I can get the transcripts. Off the top of my head, I loved Elder Hollands talk, President Monson's talk Sunday morning, and Sister Dalton's talk. There are soo many more - it was all so great! My kids loved their General Conference Activity books (mostly Ryan) and their first experience with Conference Bingo was a HIT! Ryan listened so well when it was Conf. Bingo time, sometimes getting some of the words before me or Scott. He stopped his cutting or coloring to listen to several stories or the music (especially when the Primary Choir). I love spending two days with my family on the couch, snacking on food and listening together. Even though we had to DVR the first Saturday session due to Soccer games - we then watched 4 straight hours. It feels like the world pauses for a few days as we get a spiritual feast. It really was nice this year as the last few weeks have felt a bit intense due to the global credit crisis. So this weekend was a welcome mental break from all that stuff that matters, but not eternally.
6. Sean went to his bed and took a nap one day all by himself. He didn't even say he was going to do it, he just told me he was going to take off his shoes so they wouldn't get on his bed. Another day as we were downstairs reading books on the couch, without saying a word, he laid down and fell asleep again! A few other days he's fallen asleep on the way home after we pick up Ryan from school and has asked to go to his bed when getting out of the Van.
7. My sweet hubby surprised me with a BYU Alumni Licence plate holder. Now I have the perfect van!
So many more thoughts...but gotta go. This post was supposed to have a video of Kyle laughing for my mom, but like I said way up there....my computer stinks and after a few tries, I gave up. Will try again soon mom!













8 comments:
So fun! I loved this post. Cute Seany must be in a growth spurt! Love you guys!
I've been feeling like you - needing to post but not knowing where to begin. Nothing spectacular here, just life being busy and happy. I can't wait to hear more details of your stuff. Friday was our first cooler day and was such a welcome change. Not ready for the cold yet, just cooler. I too loved conference - I had the same feeling as you. I enjoyed getting back to the things that REALLY mattered and feeling the relief that comes when you can be uplifted by spiritual things. Hope your computer cooperates soon!
Aw, I love your family too!!! I think the Fall is my favorite season, and though we don't get Utah falls, the change in weather is AMAZING! Can't wait to see you guys--side note, the BYU license plate on your van made me laugh out loud.
I know how you feel about too many things to cram into one post--but you feel like you've got to record all those moments or you'll forget about them! By the way, we watched a little documentary about President Monson in between sessions on Sunday and the whole time I kept saying that young President Monson (20s and 30s) reminded me of someone. About halfway through, I realized it was Scott! Something about his eyes looks just like Scott:)
cute family. I totally agree about the rain and storms. I really miss the PA summer storms. nothing out here compares.
I love FALL! Definitely my favorite season, and one of the reasons I chose to get married in October! And Virginia thunderstorms, beloved thunderstorms.
I loved hearing your comentary on the weather. You definitely have to experience a summer thinder storm to really appreciate what you are talking about. I think you've lived in CA long enough to forget that clouds actually exsist. I HATE them!!! I long for the endless sunny days and never ending blue skies. All we get out here, all year long are clouds. It's a special treat when I actually see blue. Keep posting even if you think it's boring. Your family (me) will apreciate them.
Yes, the fall is amazing! I love Oct-Dec! Holidays and the weather changes...does it get better than this? It is good to hear that Conf. bingo worked and your kids behaved, because their is nothing better than watching on TV and really getting to enjoy it. I can't wait to see you and the fam in about a month!
Post a Comment