Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Singing in the rain

Well, I told him to do a rain dance and sing and he didn't. And it was only just sprinkling at this moment. I had this idea, to be thankful for our rain. I've long thought that singing and dancing in the rain would be fun - but if it were warm {which it wasn't yesterday} and without the threat of lightning...{see Virginia has fantastic summer rain ~ crazy hard rain and it's warm ~ so you feel like you want to go sing and dance in the rain ~ but the rain always comes with crazy lightning. I've seen it strike across the street, I seen trees in my neighborhood split down the middle, my very own friend's childhood home has been hit three (?) times now {once on our way there and so the firemen came to check it out - the kids thought it was pretty neat}, so the lightning there is very real and close so it's not acceptable in my mind to just let loose in the rain.}
But I live here, not there. Here, we've had lightning storms pretty rarely...so I thought it'd be fun to go play in the rain and let them jump in the big puddle in our yard. It should be fun! Especially with the promise of hot chocolate when they were done:) But, It was cold and not warm and the boys didn't quite get my idea.

Oh well. We've had days of rain again! Yipee! And check out what Ryan spied out the window! It went all the way across the sky. We were too close and I couldn't fit it in one picture.

Seeing a rainbow is so exciting! It lasted only a few minutes before the sun was gone again. It was awesome!



6 comments:

Amy said...

Whatever you did it worked! I know what you mean about intense summer rain. We get it here in Pitt. I bet it wasn't as cold there as it was here!

Anonymous said...

Look at all the pretty blossom petals... I could barely see your trees covered in blossoms... I bet that is pretty. Tell Ryan I love that he saw that rainbow and tell Sean I love the weather, the rain, the snow... We just had snow on Monday and everything was so white and beautiful. It has been the coldest winter ever, but we haven't had that much ice and snow. So Monday was really exciting. So much fun! love to all

Sydney said...

What a pretty rainbow! I remember seeing a rainbow one time out there with you guys. I think it was when we were out there meeting Sean for the first time. I don't see many rainbows out here though. Maybe all the trees are blocking my view!

Serenity said...

Hey Carrie! Of course I remember you. It HAS been a long time!! Glad that you found me! I can't believe how big your boys are. They are sooo cute! Your little Kyle is just adorable!! Thanks for the pep talk about the sleeping thing. It hasn't quite worked itself out yet so I may have to buckle down and get serious. Some nights I think I'll do it, but at three in the morning it's always easier to just feed her and get back to sleeping... I'll figure out when to get serious though. It's fun to read your posts!! Glad that it rained for you... and it LOOKS like he had a fun time in the rain :)

Jenner said...

that rainbow is cool. looks like we will be spending some of our summer in NC-which probably means we will get to visit in DC!

Kristen said...

I'm so jealous! We would love some rain here. I woke up yesterday morning and it was all wet outside (not enough to puddle though) and I was so sad that we slept right through it!