We won. The lizard lost. HA! So glad to know it remained in the boys room last night. It did not roam our home and watch us sleep.
It was a crazy battle that I watched perched on the boy's bathroom counter, with my head peeking out to see what Scott was doing. He cornered the lizard in the closet and attacked. In the end, the lizard was in 4 pieces.
Scott told me I had to come see the tails.
Yes, tails. (and all combined...about 6 1/2 inches)
In the beating of the lizard, the tail broke off - and apart. There were three sections of separated tail - which twitched for at least 5 minutes post separation.
I didn't want to see it...but Scott told me I had to.
I was still nervous the upside down lizard would start running...kinda like a chicken with it's head cut off or like a bad guy in 24 or a scary movie...you think he's down but then he gets a surge of energy for one last shot of the gun or something.
Those twitching tails were the weirdest things I ever did see.













5 comments:
Note: I have witnessed first hand -- IOW in real life -- a chicken running around with its head cut off. Grandma Bert and Grandpa Tru lived on a farm in eastern Kansas. On one of our visits, Grandma Bert took me out to get a chicken for dinner. She grabbed one, held it down on the tree stump, then handed me the hachet. I thought for a moment, then . . . declined. I was a 10-12 year old city-boy. Anyway, she took back the hatchet and in an instant the chicken was without its head. She let it go and it flew around the barnyard running into trees and walls and farm equipment, etc. Just like a chicken with its head cut off ('cause that's exactly what it was!)!
Glad you guys "won the battle of the Lizard King." Where were the boys in all of this? Can't wait to hear it first hand.
Happy Mother's Day!
Love,
Dad/Grandpa Scott
Ew... you killed it? That's kinda harsh! lol. I'm glad you didn't wake up with it staring at you and that all is well once again in the Motley household. YAY SCOTT!!!
Whew! That's a relief and also disgusting. Way to go little bro! Aren't hubbies great and what in the world would we do without them? I am especially grateful for help when it is anything gross (like said lizard) or anything involving the toliet.
Oh my goodness! Can't believe all that. At least it wasn't a rat or something. One of the homes we looked at last week had a lizard roaming around, we think he was after a cockroach that was near by. Yeah, that was the end of it for me in that house. Glad my bro saved the day.
Parker is a little traumatized that you killed it:) He said, "I don't think that's nice at all." Of course, this kid catches snakes and lizards all day long (he once popped his hand into the shower while I was in it to show me a lizard he'd caught:). Glad it's not roaming the house anymore:) You crack me up. I'm especially laughing at the fact that you would feel the need to explain the pile of garbage bags:)
Post a Comment