Friday, June 05, 2009

1959 or 2009?

Playing in the front yard with cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Motley's.

Playing catch...


watching..









balancing acts...








riding bikes...
riding Hovercrafts...
(uncle Chris made this long ago...cutting a circle into a homemade skim board, wrapping plastic and attaching a blower.)

skateboarding...


(Ryan has been asking for a skateboard for his birthday for the past several weeks...great to try out his cousins first!)




Really, it could be any year...but since I was a girl and not a boy we didn't play baseball much when I was little (I was all about my bike). But my dad talks about playing baseball out front when he was little. In a year or two all these boys might get real serious about setting up a real game. Fun times!

7 comments:

nikki said...

Love it! There is no better way to spend a summer night! I hope our cousins will have great memories of playing outside as kids.

You got some great shots - love the hoverboard!

Scott said...

Yes. 1959 (or '60). We played baseball and, later, whiffle ball in the front yard. We pitched the whiffle ball from the hedge toward the driveway. A hit over the hedge was a grand slam. (We would bat opposite than what we were naturally.)

One time I lost control of the wooden bat and it smashed against the house/window, but did not break the window. Another time we/I _did_ break the window.

Ah. Memories.

We also were some of the first boys (our era) to have real skateboards. (Skateboards with non-metal wheels.) We were VERY excited to have clay wheels. They were softer and "stuck" more to the pavement than metal wheels.

Thanks for the memories.

xo

Sydney said...

So much fun!

Serenity said...

What great pcitures!! What a fun way to spend your summer nights. Your boys are so cute! I just love the T-ball picture, what a doll!

Jules said...

So awesome!! Boys are fun. ANd Happy birthday to Ryan yesterday! We can't wait till you come out!!!

Gina the Photographer said...

So I remember the 1963 baseball games in the street where Broach Ave and Caphart Street makes a baseball diamond in Duarte. Too fun. We would run the bases and stop the game whenever someone would yell "CAR" !! We would also throw a can and say You lost your hubcap !! Fun summer afternoons. We would play until the street lights came on.

Jenner said...

ryan is so cute on his skateboard, sean too! thanks again for letting us crash with you! p.s. happy 10th anniversary!