We've got a lot of small, young kids for our age division. We are first year U8 and have played HUGE kids. Apparently this Saturday the kids are even HUGER than the one's we've already played. AND WE JUST FIGURED OUT WHY!!! LAST year we had two players on our team who dominated and so we won every game. This year they are not on our team. However the league based our division this year on last years scores for our team and coach! WHOA!!! We are in the WRONG division!Even still - It's fun to see Ryan's improvement since last year. He focuses throughout the whole game! As goalie in our first game he blocked several goals and got used to jumping on the ball
We went to the Temple and had a picnic one a few weeks ago. Such a pleasant evening...even seeing three deer, 2 does and 1 young buck coming towards us in the trees until my young lads frightened them.

And one night Scott was given Rivercats tickets (our local minor league team). They were apparently great seats, but first come first serve...something I guess they gave to Season Pass Holders for the playoff games.
We didn't get there until right as the game started so we actually got free grass seats. We looked right at homeplate..but this view is towards the beautiful sunset that night.
We didn't get there until right as the game started so we actually got free grass seats. We looked right at homeplate..but this view is towards the beautiful sunset that night.Our lawn mates gifted our kids "noise makers" which were turned into light sabers.

We really did watch some Baseball...
Then after treats I took them over to the kids play area where they got to do obstacle courses and bounce houses and huge slides. Serious fun!

Here is what happened when they reached the front of each line and they met the ticket taker,

Here is what happened when they reached the front of each line and they met the ticket taker,
"Hi, this is my brother Ryan, he's 6!"
This is something Sean's been doing a lot lately. He loves his brothers so much. He does the same thing with strangers and Kyle when we are in a store. The other day at Sean's preschool, one of his teachers commented to me, "It's so cute how Sean idolized Ryan!" He really does.
Then this last Saturday we named, "Reptile day."
Here is the lizard they played with in grandma and grandpa's yard, then they tried to pick up a frog...and were hoping to find a snake. The rest of us were happy no snakes were found that day.
Here is the lizard they played with in grandma and grandpa's yard, then they tried to pick up a frog...and were hoping to find a snake. The rest of us were happy no snakes were found that day.
They were both very brave with the lizard! Let me point out that none of us were freaked out by this lizard. Number one he's at least half the size of the lizard we encountered another time...and number two ...
it was outside!














6 comments:
Wow! These boys are looking older and older as the seconds go by! I can't stand it! Way to go and be brave with the lizard. Do you think they will put you in the right division for better soccer games?
Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!
Fun times with fun cute boys! Aren't they so lucky to have each other? There is something special about brothers.
Yeah, are they going to fix your soccer mishap? Well,it is an important learning experience I guess to realize your team is not always going to win. Jake has learned that lesson many times over to be sure! I think it turns them into good sports, just hope it won't be frusterating to play such big kids. I love how you guys got to go to the ball game too!
Good job with the lizard. I still wouldn't want it on my shoulder.
Cute post! Seriously Sean looks older every time I see him in these pictures! Yeah for the Jumbo-tron! Must have been some seriously fighting with those light-sabers. Hope that the soccer gets worked out or that your little ones can gear up for the big competition! Your boys are so funny about their reptiles and bugs~I would not want that on my shoulder!
I have two words for three boys:
Key-Yout!
Oh what sweetie pies. Loving the long hair and loving the picture of Ryan watching the game standing next to Kyle. You all should take a visit out here to check out OUR wildlife. They would go CRAZY in our back yard and pond finding all sorts of things, even snakes! Good luck with soccer, I hope it's not too frusterating for the boys.
What fun boys. I love hearing about your mothering adventures--you are just the kind of mom I imagined you would be. I think you need to plan a trip to visit Scott's sister in AZ and we'll come down to see you.
Post a Comment