Friday, January 08, 2010

We were home for Christmas!

Sooo...we finally moved into our home the Monday before Christmas! Just in the nick of time! Phew!

I've been asked for pictures so here they are...but we haven't had time to do any painting yet...or decorating. So these are the before pictures. I'll do another post with after pictures in a month or so when we've finished some projects:)



















Dinging Room...chandelier not yet bought or installed...but I know which one I want and I'm excited!




Our projects thus far have been Scott the electrician projects! None of the ceiling fans or dining chandelier were left in our home...so Scott learned the art of Ceiling fan installation and the boys think he is amazing!



Living room - Dining Room.



















Kitchen...to the left of the fridge you would walk straight out to the front door and the living/dining would be on your right. The passage way to the right of the fridge is a butler's pantry followed by the dining room.



The butler's pantry~even though we don't have a butler.



















Opposite the fridge wall is a sliding glass door which leads to the backyard. This is our view from the Kitchen!

















Then if you walk out past the covered patio, this is our view! We just love our California Valley Oak Trees!





One of our first backyard projects is going to be taking out the large bush centered in the rear of the yard.
Part of the Kitchen/Great room is the Family room...notice that nice ceiling fan:)













When you go upstairs you will find our awesome loft!
















The Master Bedroom.

















Master Bathroom.






















View from the water Closet...Scott loves it as he gets to enjoy this view more than I...says it's as good as going outside...a camping favorite. A boy thing.

Boys rooms...again - nice ceiling fan!
Blue room: previously painted - Kyle's room.
Girly Yellow room: previously painted - Ryan and Sean's room. There is a window to the right and lots of room to the left. Hard to take pictures!


The boys playing in our very own court:)














Ta da! Home Sweet Home!

( I forgot Kyle's room...will add later

p.s...isn't this Santa ornament so great! With all of our house craziness....I didnt' get to go to Karen's annual Ornament Exchange...{one of my favorite Christmas traditions!} but that meant I got to keep this little guy! Yay for me!

8 comments:

Scott said...

Well. You've given some of us who have requested pictures quite a treat. Thanks VERY much.

We love you, are proud of you, and are so HAPPY for you and your beautiful house.

What a Merry Christmas, and such a Happy New Year!

Love,

Grandpa Scott

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures! Lovely house!
Thanks so much for sharing.
I am "very, very proud" of you and Scott.
Love, Grandma Dot

Mindy Sauther said...

The new house looks great! We bought a bank owned home in September and the previous owners took light fixtures that have yet to be replaced. What fun projects you have ahead of you!
Could you please email me your new mailing address. mindylsmith@hotmail.com

Sydney said...

YAY! Love the house and can't wait to see 'after' pics of what you've said you want to get done. I LOVE your back yard view!!!

Your very own court looks like a little boys dream!

Amy said...

That is a great house! After all the drama you deserve it! The view is amazing, the loft will be PERFECT for the boys, love the new couch, separate shower/tub/water closet in the master, yay yay yay!! Can't wait to see what all you will do. I assume there will be some sewing projects :)!

Karen M. said...

Good pictures-it shows just how perfect this house is for you all! Good job, Scott on the ceiling fans! It's amazing what we will learn to do out of necessity. Hats off to you Carrie for getting all moved in just in time for Christmas-lots of late nights, I know!

Jules said...

Care!! It is beautiful! I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous!

Kristen said...

Congrats! A new house is so exciting. My favorite thing is the open space beyond your backyard. So much better than having someone else's backyard behind yours. We had an orchard behind our house in Utah and I loved it! One snowy afternoon I was doing dishes and looked out my window and there were three deer right at our fence. Enjoy the new space!