Here is a boy (Karate Kid) who exclaims one evening..."I just caught a fly with my bare hands!"
Skeptical mom beckons him closer to prove it...Yep...still in those little fingers!
He claims he saw it and batted it with his hand mid air knocking it down to the stairs. Before it could realize what happened, he grabbed it and came to show off his catch.
Wierd. He was told to flush it and wash with lots of soap!
Me: "Oh Sean, i'm so glad too!"
Sean: "Why?"
the rest of the conversation included lots of giggles.
Sean has a scar on his chin from falling off of a bar stool in our kitchen, chin first onto the floor. I saw it all happen...he wasn't even really sitting on the chair. He was getting onto the chair but didn't make it to sitting before he continued face first down the other side. I was nervous at first we were headed to the ER, but after cleaning it it was very shallow but deep. Daddy came home with a magic bandaid (Butterfly) and it healed pretty quick.
Baseball season has started again. Coach Scott is back!
So are mosquitos. See the huge red bite on Kyle's cheek? It's been there for 2 weeks now! I think he must be allergic or something. But they also really love him! Even after covering him with bug spray he got bit at our last practice again!
Argh.
On a cute note...this was really cute. Sean would hold the mitt open and close it really fast when I pitched the ball for them. What a nice brother to help Kyle play catch! They had a lot of fun doing this. Kyle would squeal each time they caught a ball.
We had a lovely and yummy Valentines Day. Our church was really early (8:30) so we had a yummy brunch after church.
Menus:
After church brunch: {My Valentine's favorites}
Mango Peach Orange Juice,
French Toast (made with Sacramento Sour Dough Bread - the only way to go!),
homemade Lemon Buttermilk Syrup,
homemade whip cream,
and Strawberries.
Dinner:
Omaha Steak Bacon~wrapped Filet's ~ peppered and cooked to perfection by my Valentine
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Salad with Candied walnuts, strawberries, green onions, feta cheese, balsalmic Vinagrette {my favorite!}
Butter and Parmesean topped Broccoli
Dessert:
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie in ramekin Pizzokie
with Cookies and Cream or Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream on top
***We were in such a food coma the kids had to stay up late to eat dessert because we just couldn't eat it any earlier!
Happy Valentines Day!
Buttermilk Syrup recipe (from my fabulous friend Jules' Mudpie Gourmet)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk (can subsitute regular milk w/ 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar--let sit 5 minutes)
1 T light corn syrup
Combine ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Combine.
Add 2 teaspoons orange or lemon zest, if desired.
* I've also added Cinnamon which is my kids favorite. They think the lemon tastes like lemon bars. These syrups are also fantastic with Wheat pancakes...I don't have the recipe I use here now...but Ryan thinks they are the best ever. Julie at Mudpie Gourmet has a Wheat and Yogurt Pancake recipe which I've never tried because I don't usually have plain yogurt around. I'd like to compare though:) Also my friend Kristen's family has a whole wheat pancake recipe they make in a blender using the pre gound wheat berries. It is awesome. I need Kris to come make me some of that and wheat bread and pasole. mmm!!!!













10 comments:
So glad you decided to post about nothing... I've been missing you guys and those boys and their smiles. The menu sounds scrumdiddlyuptious! I want the recipe for lemon buttermilk syrup please!
So who dyed Sean's hair light brown?
I love buttermilk syrup!
I can't believe he caught the fly!!!!
And Sean, chicks dig scars :).
I like Kyle's pimple cheek. And will come cook at my house - I am on a hiatus.
Fly-catcher funny stuff! Sean and Kyle catchers giggle stuff... What a fun bunch of boys.
Two happy boys at the baseball diamond! Sorry Kyle-I think you got the allergic to mosiquitos problem from me! They love me too!
Bugs always loved biting Sydney. Too sweet! I'll see the boys (and their parents) in TWO DAYS! Can't wait. Can't wait. I wanna fly NOW!
So funny the Ryan Smart comment is me, Nikki.
So funny the Ryan Smart comment is me, Nikki.
Post a Comment