Here is our fam at the Trunk or treat. Since Halloween was on Sunday this year ~ and because I had a newborn and because the kids had initially suggested Star Wars characters AGAIN, and because our new ward hadn't seen the cute Jedi trio, we went with the Jedi's again...BUT with a twist.
Ryan is Ki-Adi-Mundi, otherwise known as Conehead...he had a funny conehead, beard, pinkish skin, and a brown hooded vest instead of a cloak. Sean was Mace Windu (except we didn't end up getting the purple light saber we had coordinated to borrow ~ I feel so badly about that ~ it was what was going to make his costume updated and improved this year!) and Kyle was Yoda again, but I had to make a bigger robe. Crazy enough...our friend actually guessed the lesser known Jedi that Ryan was!
I should have made Kyle be Peter Pan...since the costume I made is just super cute...BUT I had him watch Peter Pan a few days before the party so he could get excited about the costume...and the whole time, he kept saying, I don't like Peter Pan! So I gave up...but tried it on him the next day and he was adorable!
And Cade is wearing the Pumpkin hat of the costume all our other babies wore.
Here you can see Ryan's conehead and beard a bit better...I bought facial dusk masks...had to paint it pink...it was good because it has lines in the mask...which look like Ki-Adi-Mundi's wrinkled tall forehead.And then I cut another mask and glued white pillow stuffing for his beard...If I only knew how to attach the white stuff to his eyebrows to give him the white puffy eyebrows of Conehead.
My mom and dad with baby Cade at Apple Hill!!! My parents squeezed in their trip for Cade's blessing into a super busy time for my dad's work and so we didn't think he'd be able to play much! But he sacrificed some sleep and decided to come on our afternoon trip to Apple Hill!
Always our first stop...previously known as Plubells ~ but now I think it's Apple Ridge Farm. We fell in love with this quaint farm on our first trip when Ryan was one year old!
I love the canopy of trees at this farm. And I love my new beanie from the craft booths!
Sean's face after taking his first bite of an apple cider donut! We had a virtual apple smorgasboard...donuts, apple pie, apple dumpling, apple with caramel sauce...we all dug in and shared...it was HEAVEN! Scott and I have always gone for the apple slices with caramel ~ but now WE MUST ADD THE DONUTS! I'm not sure Plubells used to have them...and the donut line is always too long at High Hill...so we haven't tried them in the past ... despite their AMAZING SMELL! Well, the fragrance doesn't trump the donut. WE LOVED THEM!
How cute is this picture of my parents?!? Love it!!!
2010 with the grandkids
Sean got to show off his skills to my dad and Aunt Gina who hadn't been to our soccer games before...but in a scrimmage against his own team! The team they were supposed to play didn't even show up!
Grandarents at Soccer!
We have the greatest families!
They didn't want to stop playing so the game continued in our court...
The ginormous hands boy...or daddy's Cutters Gloves on a 5 year old!
Don't bite your tongue!
Kyle the human football!
The whole gang
Don't bite your tongue...my kids always stick out their tongues when they are playing and running!
Luckily Michael Jordan never bit his tongue off...hopefully my kids can be as coordinated!
This face is a crack up! Love it!
And this!
I love how Gina captured his facial expressions! My little toddlers have always been so demonstrative in their facial expressions!
And who says Nov. 3rd is too late to carve and light pumpkins?
Ryan's on the left...Sean's on the right





















6 comments:
I hate when you write a comment and then it doesn't save! Urgh! I love these fall pictures! And Gina got some great action shots. So awesome! And I think we need to convince everyone to go to that spot in Apple Hill. I haven't ever gone anywhere else and that looks fun and the donuts look to die for!
Yes the donuts were yummy, but the apple dumpling with carmel sauce on it was to die for. Better than the apple pie... Oh MY... I can taste it all. We had so much fun and I think these are some of the most fun pictures I've seen. Four little boys having fun minute to minute. Not bad grandpa on the run shot... impressive!! Good thing December is only a few weeks away. Have you seen Kyle's faces on your dad's blog... amazingly funny.
And I love, love, love your new blog family picture. Kyle is hilarious and you can tell those boys love their mom!
Enjoyed playing football with the boys and all. Just like JFK and his fam! (We gotta get off the street though, Sean crashed and burned on the pavement.)
Pumpkin faces are fun and funny. BOYS faces (and selves) are even more fun, and way more funny.
Love to all...
Dad/Grandpa/Scott
Love this post. What a fantastic trip. These are the greatest photo ops I've had in years. I miss being around the kids like when you and sydny and Thomas and James were little. Such fun.
So much fun! Love the action shots and Mr. K's faces! Love the family shot!
Post a Comment