Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Reagan and Smart Co..

Baby Reagan Jane Smart was born a few weeks ago and we were itching to visit her cuteness!  Our sports schedule {even harder to miss with Scott being a coach} this fall combined with a trip to Utah for Conference {the first of our family tradition to take our new 8 year old to a session in the Conference Center} made another trip to So Cal pretty tough after Soccer started...so with Labor Day's extra long weekend, we headed down to visit the Smarts and Atherly's!  Thank you so much Mike and Amy for letting us stay with you!  And Erica and Ryan for letting us visit when baby Reagan was so new and life was still in baby transition!  We loved spending time with you and the kids!

On Saturday morning it was fun to wake up and play with Owen and Emma!  We just don't get to see the cousins very much!  Later when the kids were playing outside...Owen rode out on his bike... unbeknownst to Scott and I...it was his first time riding solo!  It was so fun to be there for the exciting moment!  Way to ride Owen!

Later we had a BBQ and pool party in Ladera Ranch...the newer planned community of Orange County.
The cousins all had a great time and baby Reagan was a sleepy little thing!







Sunday we went to church with Mike and Amy in their gorgeous Mission styled church...and then drove in to see the San Luis Rey California Mission.  I don't remember this one, but it was really pretty!  I love the architecture!








And then we visited Laguna Beach's hidden gem, my favorite Victoria Cove!  We headed over to check out the tide pools, only to discover the tide was very high!  I'd head a storm had created big waves over the weekend, but was surprised to find that we couldn't find tide pools because they were submerged!

This ocean pool is rarely filled!  Fun to watch the big waves crash...and I remember walking on these rocks and exploring when I was little...when the tide was high and being very scared...but with accurate wave timing, getting where we wanted to go!  This time, with a one year old and a three year old, we decided{with encouragement from the guy who just returned from the Castle} not to venture past our lookout.  Pretty exciting high tide!


This was as far as we made it.
The boys stopped right here...and were nervous with the high tide!
Whoa!



So we headed down the beach to see if we could make it to Treasure Island with the high tide...
And found some sand cliffs on the way!
Always a favorite activity...except...instead of sliding down the cliff on their heels as I taught them, they insisted on jumping!
Cade wrestled with us until he could get in the sand too!

Then we got to visit baby Reagan and Smart co. for dinner!  She was more awake and we all got a turn holding her!  My boys had been asking ALL DAY when we were going to see her!  They were very excited for their new baby girl cousin!



And Camryn took them for rides in her Smart Car! 
I loved Camryn getting ready with the baby Bjorn!  She's going to be an AWESOME big sister...as soon as she's not nervous to hurt her.  In a few months, I'm guessing these two will be a cute sister pair!
And Cade beelined for the empty the Smart Car!  He was pretty proud of himself for getting into it all by himself!
Then the next day we took the crew to explore Treasure Island!  The Montage park was gorgeous as ever!
Victoria in the background!  I love my family!  Look how my hot husband is holding two of our kids!
And while I searched for shells, the kids dug in the sand.
Every time I visit, the rocks at the old Pier look smaller!  There were NO mussels on them at all!  It doesn't even look like the same place right there!
And because of the high tide {I assume} they would not let us climb onto the big Treasure Island rock!  Bummer!


It was fun for the boys to get to play with Camryn!  Especially since she loves them so!  And since all of our visits are but a few days..and hurried and busy!  
We still had a quick visit, but it was so great to be together and meet baby Reagan!
Thanks everyone for having us!  Love you!




6 comments:

Erica said...

You got some great pictures! I love the one of Reagan by herself...I have none of those. And Camryn with your boys is my favorite. I am so glad you guys made this last minute decision, it was so fun. I love when not all the fam is together so we can spend more one on one. What a great way to end the summer and start the crazy school/sport schedule!

Sydney said...

Looks like so much fun! Kyles face near the white and black tower looks like how I felt at that age with the waves and rocks. That picture of all of you with victoria in the background... I can't get over how Ryan looks EXACTLY like you when you were young. Also, did I know that Sean lost a tooth?

Scott said...

Such fun! Such beautiful beaches, faces, and kids.

Each time I see those faces, those smiles, those boys... My heart warms with such happiness. Like. Right. NOW.

Mom/Grandma/Beckym said...

Yea! These are the first no teeth pictures I've seen too! YAY SEAN!!! Sydney... The first time we took you to Victoria Cove when you were little... you screamed and screamed... it was too loud with the waves breaking on the sand and bouncing the sound back off the cliffs. Ryan's smiles are so dang cute... Kyle's expression priceless, but then he has A LOT of those. Erica and Ryan, Congratulations!!! What a fun trip. That high tide is rare... I'm sure I've only seen it that high once and then I don't think it was as high as that day... WOW!!!! Love you all! Glad everyone got to see our family's beach... It has change a ton since I was a little girl...

nikki said...

So jealous but so happy for you and your last minute trip. So Cal and Laguna in particular are heavenly. Almost as heavenly as a family visit and snuggling a gorgeous newborn.

Atherly Family said...

Yes, I love your pictures! It was so fun having you stay at our house. I only wish it could've been longer. Glad you made the last minute decision to come.