So Cal RAGNAR 2012!
Team: Tutu Fast
My friends who started going to SoCal for Ragnar races in 2010 had a few openings on their team due to sister not returning, recently delivered baby and husband returning from 1 year deployment!
So I got to be one of the lucky replacements!
The first year they were Diva Mamas and last year they were Tutu Fast.
Everyone loves the name Tutu Fast and so we used it again!
There was a goal to win the Women's Submaster Division: in previous years, the team had a combined time that would have won the Submaster Division, but they were still in Women's Open since some were under 30. So this year we qualified for the over 30 division and hoped for a good time and no other teams to come in and be faster! The funny thing is that there isn't a way to judge how we were doing because we never knew what teams were in what division or their start time versus our start time. So we just ran as fast as we could and hoped for the best! And with some of my friends who are running superstars...seriously fast and even with some who have been dealing with injuries, we won!
1st place in the Women's SubMasters (Over 30)
1st place in the Women's SubMasters (Over 30)
Waiting for Cathi to start our race!
Before I got hot and sweaty and by my Van picture...my picture was the only one we lost as it flew off the van whilst driving. Someone in Orange County is going to happen upon a large picture of me...a little wierd!
Running off to one of the hardest things I've ever done! I've ran up to 12 miles at once...this run was 5.4 miles. BUT it was the HARDEST run EVER! After 2 miles, I thought it could have been almost over...nope. When I got to the water station at the half way mark I was nervous! It was incredibly HOT...though technically around 78 I was told...on the asphalt trail along the aquaduct, with no shade trees, I was melting. I brought water, but even that felt hot as I drank it or poured it on my neck! So I stopped using it....bad choice because I started having dehydration symptoms. I felt like I needed to go number 1 really bad...and if I didn't concentrate on holding it, I would lose it...but then when I finished I headed straight for the bathroom and could only go a trickle! Oops...dehydration symptom. I wanted to stop so badly. I wanted to be done, but I tried to run as fast as I could because I wanted to be done and I couldn't just stop...I had a team waiting on me! So in the end, I averaged a 9:15 min. mile and I was happy it wasn't slower and I did it! This run was titled, "What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER!" - a Kelly Clarkson song that I listened to:)

At one of our exchanges, right outside of one of our churches!
A few girls had these headbands from last year...you can't tell here, but they glow in the dark!
Meeting up with some girls from our old ward!
My night run was in Temecula. It was a great run = 8.3 miles in the cool evening air. I averaged a 9:07 min mile.
My last run we don't have a record of my speed, but I felt like it went great. I got to run through Encinitas on South Coast Hwy 101...through a little town...Seaside I think they called it...with people eating breakfast on sidewalk cafes...I love running with a tutu through places like that. It's so funny! Then I finished my run at San Elijo State Beach.
After my last run, 19 miles completed! 5.4, 8.3, 5.3. I was happy and proud of me!
I thought these girls were so funny! Brian Wilson is the Giants closing pitcher...and hasn't shaved his beard for a few years...his nickname is Fear the Beard! Can you imagine running in these knitted beards?
Liz, right before she ran her last leg, officially retiring her beloved blue pants.
My buddy Liz. She is an AMAZING runner and ALL AROUND LADY! Glad she's my friend!
The sea of vans at one of the big exchanges.
Liz flying in from her last run!
And Kirsten flying out to her last run! These two are Boston Marathon qualifiers...need I say more? ok...FAST.
Brand new clean porta-potties! Nice!
Van decoration:) Pretty fun.
Someone gave us clown cheeks...except not me! Better than black mustaches and eyebrows we were afraid might happen!Finish line at Coronado Island, San Diego. I am so glad I've been able to do these races. It is fun, and hard. I need to run a half marathon...that will feel pretty great too. This time I ran 19 miles total in less than 24 hours and it went great. I feel like I've done something pretty great and good for me!

Running in a tu-tu was so fun! I loved knowing that as I ran through Old Town Temecula past people out at Bars or on South Coast Hwy through the Sea Cliff State Beach shops and sidewalk restaurants during breakfast that they thought it was funny to see a girl in a pink tutu running past...and would probably tell their family later, "guess what I saw today?" I made lots of people giggle and smile!



.jpg)















5 comments:
Seriously so fun!! Love all the pics! Looks like it was a blast and sounds like you did awesome! 19 miles is a lot!! Way to go Carrie! I want to do a half someday too! Let's do it!
Wow Care! So awesome!!!! Way to go :D That certainly is a major accomplishment! I have a goal to loose all baby weight (and more) by her first birthday so maybe I'll start with a 10k next year and work up to a half marathon!
WOW!! I am so proud of you!!! I can't even imagine running 19 miles... ever!!!! Much less in 24 hours!!! You are amazing!!!
It was great to see you and Scott the other night at the wedding reception... even if it was for just a few minutes!! Stop by sometime if you are in GB! I'd love to catch up!!
Oh, and I LOVE that family picture!! Your boys are so handsome and so grown up!!! I miss you guys!
Power Woman. Happy Mother's Day!
I love all of you girls and wish I could be as courageous as you! What a great feeling of accomplishment! Oh and you are all such hot mama's!
Post a Comment