Saturday, May 12, 2012

You Put the Music in Me. Happy Mother's Day!

I saw this music video the other day...I can't stop listening to it!  It's perfect.  It is so special.  
I actually sorta know the sister of the girl who wrote/sings this song!  She was in our ward...and I taught her daughter in Primary, but they moved to Utah ~ though I so briefly knew her...I loved her comments in Relief Society and her daughter was so sweet.  This song is so touching...and inspiring:  it is called, She put the music in me.  I think it is literal, as Calee the singer is a beautiful singer...but it is soo much more than that.  It doesn't hurt that the lyrics are put together genius-ly!  How did she write a song that includes messages from several primary songs...and nail the message/meaning perfectly?  When I hear the lyrics together...that is exactly how I feel about those songs...and bringing them together in this song makes all of them more complete.  It's how I feel about my mom and how I hope my boys feel about me.  


So I am linking this for my mom...Happy Mother's Day Mom!  I think of you when I listen to this. 
While I'm not a soloist, I love music and music touches me...you gave that to me.  You gave me love, confidence, love for life, happiness, toughness, perseverance and faith.  These are just some of the important things you gave me.  Thank you for being my mom.





You put the Music in Me.












Happy Mother's Day Mom!

5 comments:

Scott said...

Sweet, sweet.

Scott said...

(She cried -- is crying -- tears of joy. Thanks, Carrie. I did too.)

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

Big tears, many tears, happy tears, So sweet... Oh how I love/d being your mom! You have touched my heart and filled my soul with joy! You always have. Raising you and Sydney was truly the joy of my life... and now watching you both mother your children brings more and more eternal joy! You are your mother's daughter... Thank you sweet heart for this special loving memory. I love the song! It is PERFECT in every way. I love you... Big Hugs and loves... I know I will play this many times... I know your boys adore you and I know what kind of mom you are and you are AWESOME in every way!!!!! Those are some lucky little boys. Can't wait to see you soon... when we get to see Sydney become a mom! Wow! what joy! Love compounding and expanding and growing... it becomes easy to see how God the Father and God the Mother can love so perfectly... it just keeps growing and expanding... as our eternal family grows... love, Mom

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

By the way... the music started with Brite Music and Hal... something... songs of all kinds... we sang songs constantly... way before Kids are Music... but of course singing to the music because I'm no soloist either... hee... hee...

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

You are my Sunbeam... and your children's Sunbeam!!!