Monday, February 04, 2013

Snow Day!

We were so excited to go to the snow this year as last year was such a drought there was hardly any snow at all til late spring.  Sadly, we didn't get up to the snow when my family was visiting, they would have really had fun!  It was such a nice day, we took off jackets and gloves quite soon after we started to play.
We played for a few hours, stopped and had a picnic lunch by the van and headed back out to play some more before heading home for Sean's basketball practice!



Cade loved eating the snow and feeding it to everyone else.




After lunch we went to a different area for a steeper hill...which they were all excited about...


Kyle really couldn't wait to go....but we talked him into going with sean...and should have started him down lower.  The bottom of this hill didn't have a good stop...sorta a jump after such a steep hill...no way to avoid a big crash.  Kyle wasn't so pleased afterwards.
And Cade especially didn't care for the snow in his face from dad breaking with his feet.
But the view at the top was gorgeous!  And they found a cool big rock to sit on.
Kyle had to get on the big boy rock too.



This one fell asleep on Dad.  Lucky...love those moments!
Back to the long slope.
Kyle loves the saucers...and the spinning!


And Ryan liked making faces at me.






It was such a fun and beautiful day!

Can't wait to go skiing!

9 comments:

Scott said...

bluest sky

whitest snow

old boys

lots if joy (and male awesomeness) going over the jump!

Karen M. said...

Great pictures-especially the flying sled ones!

Loren said...

Love your pictures! Where is this? It looks like a great spot and looks like you had the place to yourselves.

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

I love these pictures of your boys getting some air!! It reminds me of when we took the youth to the snow years ago! WoW! That seems like yestserday! Miss you guys!

Kristen said...

Great pics--love the boys' expressions. Nothing makes me feel older than sledding:) We went around New Years' and I realized that my tailbone and back can't take those jumps like they used to:)

Kristi said...

I love your family! Your boys are all so adorable!!! I miss you all and hope you are all well!!!

Mom/Grandma/Becky said...

I just keep wishing we had gone and looking at these fun pictures... So fun, so fun! I love Cade falling asleep on you the other day and on Scott at the snow! The two older boys are fearless and flying high and Kyle knows just what he likes and has a ball. And love those cute beanies!

Mom/Grandma/Becky said...

P.S. I know I responded to this earlier, but I must have messed up the posting... Darn... See... in trying to post this, I thought it worked and that darn lettering stuff is so hard to get right and it acts like it posted and unless you go back in and double check... it might not have... hmmmrrggg

Mom/Grandma/Becky said...

That is d a r n... but it looks too much like... sorry