Ski Day!
We made up our own snow day and Scott took off work and we pulled the boys out of school and headed up to ski. It worked out perfect because our weekends are busy with Baseball and the weekends are more crowded at the ski resorts too. Amy took Kyle and Cade all day so I could play too!
It was such a fun day!
After a few trips down the bunny hill we headed up for some longer green runs.
After a few green runs, they tackled blue squares!
Notice the cut off knit mitten to cover Sean's cast...that thing was shedding red yarn all over the mountain!I love my snowboarding husband! He's so cute.
All of us on the lift. So fun to chat on our way up!
For lunch we stopped at the BBQ place at the top of the mountain! The boys thought it was really cool that it was up on top of the mountain!
And we had some great BBQ!
Ryan loved up these baked beans! The tri tip sandwiches were great...I enjoyed the tri tip salad!
We loved the pretty view of the snowy mountains and beautiful pine trees!
By the end of the day, these two did some great runs! I was really impressed! Pretty steep stuff.
Sean busted down this hill and kept going! All of a sudden I realized and had to chase after him...he claimed he knew we were on the buttonwillow run and could follow the signs!
Ryan and Sean both tacked this run at the end of the day. Can't really tell here, but it was pretty steep. At the top, Ryan says, "I'm scared" under his breath...but then he started down and did amazing! I stopped to watch Scott and Sean for a second...and I couldn't catch Ryan he did so well!
We love being on the mountain together!
We dream about days with all our boys skiing up on the mountain together! Getting closer!















4 comments:
I LOVE this!! Great photos of the kiddos!! What a fun day! Were you at Sugar Bowl!! This post brings back SO many great memories! Keep it up and they will thank you one day! And you are right, riding on the chairlift with your kids is where some of the best conversations with your kids will take place:)! XOX
What a very fun day! Ryan and Sean are so brave to go down those steep hills... I'm with Ryan that is crazy fun that the restaurant was at the top of the mountain. Do you think they have to chair lift in all their supplies? Every day is a fun day at the Motley's. Beautiful memories!
Looks like a super fun day! Ryan and Sean are looking pretty comfortable with skiing and managing the hills. They are getting too big!
I LOVE this. Just LOOK at 'em.
Very cool. Chili & BBQ on top of a snow white mountain. Can it get any better? (Only with two more boys!)
Post a Comment