Celebrating anniversaries...definitly a tradition for generations. Today S and I have been married 8 years! What a great 8 years we've had. We love the song, Remember When by Alan Jackson...and we already have some remember whens and I'm excited to make more remember whens! I'm so glad he's my hubby and we get to be together for eternity. Happy Anniversary Scott! Here's a look at us 8 years ago:

Memorial Day Tradition: Camping at New Brighton Beach. A tradition in Scott's family for around 20 years. They've only missed a few...our wedding year was one of them. I had no idea until we made plans to go nearly a year later. Somehow many LDS members go to the same camp ground over the Memorial Day weekend each year. S's family started going when they lived in Sacramento/Carmichael area. Most of the families who go are from there and know each other from their wards back in the day. As with many traditions...you gotta be a part of it to feel of its goodness. Here's a few of this years highlights and lowlights:
Hotdogs over the fire are GOOOD!
Headlamps - grandpa brought them for the boys and they were a big hit!
Smores - with strawberry slices added (YUMMM-O!)
Fuzzy Caterpillar
Three outlets in the entire campground didn't work so church hair wasn't so great.
This year was COLD at the beach...Sunday of course was pretty beautiful.
A first timer asked me if it was worth it (after speaking of the COLD weather on Saturday) and I said OF COURSE! There's something about traditions that makes them wonderful regardless of the mishaps.














3 comments:
Camping with kids is an adventure. What a fun tradition. Remember ward campouts? So funny. Remember that time Jeremy tried to wake me up, but got my mom instead. Good times, good times. By the way--love the picture! I'll have to do that sometime.
Happy Anniversary Scott and Carrie!! What a fun trip I made to your wedding. What happened to "No pictures ever"? We took zillions that day. I remember how fun it was to lay all the photos out on the carpet and decide which ones were the best. Then late one night we stayed up and watched Australia slides from your Dad's mission so Sam could see the wonders down under. Happy memories Carrie. Then later that year I drove down to San Diego for Sam's wedding also fun. Seems like just yesterday you and Sydney in those ringlet curls were in Aunt Tracy and Uncle Doug's wedding. Then there was your Mom and Dad's wedding recption in the chill of the outside patio in January with skinny me in the green dress dancing with your Dad. Great photos. Great memories.
Happy Anniversary! I remembered and thought of you two! Sorry this is late. I remember our tenth anniversary as if it were yesterday. Wow time flies. I'm so proud of you two in every way. You continue to bring so much joy into our lives. I love you both so much.
Post a Comment