10 months old today!
He loves to play. He gets a wrinkled nose and big smile when anyone comes to play with him. He loves to be chased. He loves to try to communicate with us. He's so fun. But poor baby has been sick nearly all month. He was better for less than a week before another round of coughing and wheezing came on. Bummer!


He loves to play. He gets a wrinkled nose and big smile when anyone comes to play with him. He loves to be chased. He loves to try to communicate with us. He's so fun. But poor baby has been sick nearly all month. He was better for less than a week before another round of coughing and wheezing came on. Bummer!

Speaking of sick...Sean too got this
ridiculous cough... again!
ridiculous cough... again!
It hasn't slowed him down too much this time except yesterday afternoon, he fell asleep on my bed waiting for me to read him a book, then woke up to go pee...but didn't quite make it back to the bed or putting his undies back on. And notice the one sock. I laughed so hard when I found him! 

Our school boy has avoided being as sick as his younger brothers this last month, just tolerates a mild cough - comparitively. But I had to take this picture because when we tuck the kids in at night, we often find him with no shirt or his shirt in some strange concoction - this wasn't too odd as it was just around his neck. Last week Scott found his arm in one sleeve, but it was twisted inside out before his arm went in and the other arm was bent somehow. It's a funny thing.

Lastly, we completed our family project tonight! We've been working on this for about 6 weeks ... purchasing lumber (Scott's preferred word instead of just wood), sanding, building, painting (multiple coats)...and finally it is finished and in the boys room! This picture makes me happy...you can read why...
I had this idea and my husband was game(He cracks me up and I love him...he got so into it, wishing he had his own circular table saw because relying on Lowe's or Home Depot to cut the wood was lame and it gave him an excuse to wear his toolbelt...that he got when he was a framer {for a few weeks} before we got married)! It was really fun. We all loved working on it together...though me and the boys observed the beginning stages. Scott sanded and built it...I helped paint - we primed...and did 3 1/2 coats of black paint and the boys got to help a bit during each step - even moving it into the house. It's exactly what I wanted there and I'm super duper happy to finally have it in their room! Thank you Scott!!!!!!
The boys were thrilled to move it in. They decided their room was brand new and it was kinda like moving into a new house. I put their robots from Santa on this shelf in their closet now that there was a vacancy and Ryan thought it was genius!
This boy loves organization - He used to line up blocks or cars by color..
He took the picture because he thought it was so cool. He also thought the picture turned out great:)
My dad was a lucky guy. He had these cool vehicles in High School - and drools over them still.
My dad was a lucky guy. He had these cool vehicles in High School - and drools over them still. We love you dad!














12 comments:
Great shelving/storage thingy! Good job Scott (I didn't know you had it in you). Isn't it cool too that you could go to a store and see something similar (but not exactly what you want) that would cost hundreds of dollars? But now you have something CUSTOM that is sentimental (cause you worked on it together) and a lot less expensive!! Oh I love homemade things! It's hard to believe my nephews are 10 mo old. Sounds like you've had to deal with a lot of sick kiddos (NO FUN!). Hopefully you and Ryan can steer clear.
Oh my gosh! Sean with his undies off is hilarious. Poor kids and their sicknesses. Weird what Ryan does with his shirt. He still wears the family Olympics one? We should have gotten the boys bigger sizes. Good job again on the shelf. It looks great all organized. What a great sense of accomplishment!
I still remember the enormous bookshelf your dad made when you and Sydney were about that old. It covered an entire wall and Gina has had it since we moved to Virginia. Great job Scott! I love that the boys love to keep things organized. I'm that way too, Ryan... Everything looks so fun and colorful... I love that globe!
Love seeing and reading about those boys -- AND their parents. (Of course, love VISITING with them more!)
VERY cool black lacquer paint. Yea for family projects! Good design; good follow-through; good work.
Love,
Grandpa Scott
P.S. Boys and their cars, trucks, and even (station) wagons! Not forgetting their books and globes, etc. Fun, smart, and organized.
Happy 10 month old Kyle! I should have wished him a happy day when we saw him. Sean's naked bum is the best! Hooray for the finished project-it looks great!
Cute, cute and more cute. The bare bum picture is hilarious. I can't believe how big Kyle is getting. The shelf looks great!
I love the picture of Sean--I wish I could crash like that right now:) Your boys are so much fun--I wish we lived closer...think of all the mischief our 6 boys could get into:) Kyle has such a mouthful of teeth! Jane just got her first one:)
What a crack up your kids are! Kyley is such a big boy; Sean's bummmy is hilarious; and what is up with Ryan's sleeping arrangements?! I can't wait to see you guys - you are so fun.
Awesome project!! Way to go. Looks great and I'm sure feels great too.
I love that Scott has a tool belt. I loved my tool box when I was in customer relations--I think I liked the idea of having one more so than using it. The shelf does look good. It feels good to do stuff yourself--but it's way more work than it looks. Don't think I underestimate priming and painting a piece without paint is nothin! Good job Motley team--now if you can just get your kids to wear clothes--then again in this economy saves on cost.
I love that Scott has a tool belt. I loved my tool box when I was in customer relations--I think I liked the idea of having one more so than using it. The shelf does look good. It feels good to do stuff yourself--but it's way more work than it looks. Don't think I underestimate priming and painting a piece without paint is nothin! Good job Motley team--now if you can just get your kids to wear clothes--then again in this economy saves on cost.
I was looking through the adorable pictures again and saw the one with Ryan and his shirt up by his chin. I seem to remember you with your blanky wrapped around your neck and NOT being able to sleep without it. hahaha!
I still love the giant bookcase Scott made in California. It hasn't moved from the spot I put it in 1990. It stores all the albums I ever had and the ones Scott and Becky had and my mom and dad too. Everytime someone moved I would get the albums. I always figure the weight of the albums would help prevent it from falling over in an earthquake. We shall see I guess.
Thanks for making it Scott.
Good project.
Gina the Photographer (Bean)
Post a Comment