Monday, February 16, 2009

All done means so much...

A few weeks ago, Kyle almost simultaneously learned how to wave hi/bye and sign "all done."
Now he loves to communicate this way...but uses his new communication method all the time, for many reasons. He's so proud of himself and loves to connect with us. It's super cute.

He always does it when he's getting out of his crib, the bath, leaving a room, etc....but yesterday I had to wake him up so we could take Ryan to school...and he'd only been asleep for maybe 30 minutes so he was very groggy as I picked him up to get buckled into the van...and though his eyes were only half open, he did his all done sign. Then laid his head on my shoulder with eyes closed. What a dolly-babe (my grandma's nickname for us grandkids).


8 comments:

Sydney said...

That's awesome. How cute that he signed 'all done' when he was so tired. Can't wait to see you guys this summer and hopefully sooner!

nikki said...

Oh my that's the cutest thing I've seen all day! Love the pudgy baby hands and wrists! He is such a dolly babe!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable !!
Great Aunt Gina.

Erica said...

So cute! I love that he can communicate now! So big!!!

Amy said...

So cute! What a big smart boy! I love the beginings of communication, it makes life so much easier. Give the boys a squeeze from us.

Sook said...

How cute!!

Anonymous said...

What he was really trying to say to you when he was being woken up was... bye, bye Mom, I'm not done with my nap... Don't you wish you could tell what was going on in that beautiful little mind... He is so amazing, so adorable, and so, so smart... Love you tons, Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't tel you how many times Mom and I have played this and laughed and giggled at him. Sooo cute.
What about interviewing Ryan and Sean about going to the snow or school. Have the describe it to me. That would be great !!
Aunt Gina