
Now that pirates have made a comeback on the high seas...it seems a little strange to celebrate...and all the way to school...the boys were asking me if there were any good pirates. But it's fun to dress up, pretend and talk funny!

His pirate gear was so fun to put together! I made the vest out of a scrap piece of flannel this morning! I also altered an old white shirt of mine...sewed the front together so there were no buttons and cut the collar and top a bit...tore the bottom so it was a little ragged and took in the back so it would fit him better. It took a few tried to get it just how we wanted it, but was super easy! I only wish I would have had time to look for the treasure bead necklaces I knew I had...found them on the first try after school
- it was halloween costume worthy.Ryan's school Open House was last month...and it was all just so cute! I found out he asked Scott a few nights before the open house if his grandparents, aunts, unlces and cousins were going to get to come.
So since he wished you could all check out his class and his projects and that couldn't happen, here are some pictures...this is the wall where all the kids were holding kites. It was so cute! He wrote a story about his magic kite that took him to Arizona to play Star Wars with his cousins!

And this is his self portrait...if you look closely you'll see that he painted a Yankees logo (NY) on his hat.
He was proud of his work. His writing is beautiful.
He's progressed so much this year and it's really neat.
I get to volunteer one Friday a month. This is Ryan and Jonathan after my butterfly center last week.
I just love going into the classroom. I wish it was more! I love getting to know the teachers, kids and observing my own little man. Fridays are craftsy days so we've made some fun stuff...though I think next year I'll try to get into the classroom during learning centers to keep up on everything.















8 comments:
Hey Ryan! Your class looks so awesome! Thanks for wanting to share with us :) I wish I could have been there too. Awesome NY Yankees hat!!
Carrie, cool butterfly's and I'm amazed at how busy you are these days. How in the world do you get everything done??! Love you and can't wait to see you!!!
What a great art project. Kudos to Ryan and the teachers too. I love the picture he painted of himself. Really good. With a customized hat no less. Great costume. I remember how fun it was to be a gypsy in about 1965. I also remember being a warrior with a cardboard box for armor. And a cardboard sword covered with tin foil. Very fun to dress up.
Aunt Gina
Great costume! I love that they had a Pirate Day, I am sure he loved it! It is so crazy to see how much he has grown up in just 9 months or so! That picture of him holding the kite, he looks so young! He is getting so old and so big! Love these boys of yours!
Open house looks so fun! I love the self-portrait the best. We were so sad when you forgot to tell us about coming. Hopefully we can see it all in person next time.
I'm surprised they still celebrated it with all the pirate attacks! I swear I feel a little different about pirates now. These pirates are super cute, though!
can't believe klye is a year! how cute he is with his blanket. love the pirates. are we going to hang out a ton in may or what?!
Oh how did I miss this post! My heart is melting that his kite was taking him to Arizona to play with his cousins. What a sweet, sweet guy!
I too love kindergarten and his class looks so fun. You are so lucky to get to go and help. Can you believe they're almost 1st graders?
I want to come my kids to come to kindergarten at greenhills! Fun! Love the pirates. At least he got to show off his class to grandma and grandpa Motley. You're so lucky to live so close!!! Makes me jealous.
Post a Comment