Friday, October 30, 2009

Apple Hill Day!

One of my favorite fall activities is visiting Apple Hill and it's many family owned farms! We've gone every year since we moved to these parts. Ryan sat on this very tractor when he was the same size! They love sitting on it every year. I was a little worried about our planned trip this year when Sean got a birthday invitation for one of his very own friends on the very same day. Sean loves to do big kid things. He had heard his friend talk about the upcoming party for a while. I was prepared for a melt down when we discussed the party vs. apple hill plans. Much to my pleasing, our Apple Hill plans were excitedly anticipated and he very maturely mentioned it was too bad he'd have to miss the party. Throughout the day, my two big boys ran around as if they were at Disneyland...happy as clams. It was a splendid day in every way!


Three brothers and pretty trees.












Mr. Motley bought me apples with homemade caramel:)



















This farm always has a bluegrass band. We love the ambiance and music(they played Landslide {a la Dixie Chicks version} and that song from O Brother Where art thou - I am a Man of constant sorrow)! The kids loved the instruments and dancing and running through the trees.



















Loving the music























Then we found the orchard. Scott gave them a head start so they could race through the rows, until they were so distracted by all the apples so they started a rotten apple throwing competiton instead.



















And Kyle was so busy exploring he wouldn't look at me...he was so excited about all the apples ~ or as he would say...bapples!

















They climbed trees (they were so proud of how high they climbed...Sean exclaiming, "Look how high I am for a four year old!), pet animals, ate carmel with apples and marshmellows and drank apple cider. What a perfect day!
+there is a new video of Kyle down there too:)

6 comments:

Sydney said...

How fun is that! Sean is such a big boy for being ok with missing the much anticipated birthday party and going to Apple Hill. I love Kyle's culrs in the back of his head and I love you guys.

What great kids you guys have!

Erica said...

I am so glad that you guys go and appreciate apple hill! I wish we could go! We will have to make a trip up there when we are all there for Christmas. I bet Scott was loving the music just as much as the kids! Such a fun family outing!

nikki said...

I was just thinking how much I wanted to do an apple hill type outing lately. There's not much like that here. They have cute farms but not apple orhards. I second Erica's idea!

I love the details of your fun family day!

Sydney said...

Oh and that last pictures of Kyle reminds me of a famous picture from decades ago (it's black and white though). Nice job :)

Amy said...

I don't know if I've ever been to Apple Hill for Apple Hill, if that makes sense. Always just Christmas trees. It looks like a lot of fun. Your boys cooperated for a very awesome shot too. Good tradition, one I hope to do. That is, if we ever make it back to CA.

Karen M. said...

I love that you have this tradition-it's a good one! You got some great fall pictures and I love the one of Kyle-still on his walkabout.