this evening just before dinner(with a little help from Grandpa Motley). I had no idea what they were up to so when I answered the doorbell , I was so surprised and overcome with the cuteness of my boys!They said they wanted have dinner and give us a message...which they totally did! I got it on real video...20 minutes worth of their role-play as missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
First of all, they were hilarious in their pretend roles which they carried on for so long...even though dinner! Elder Sean was from San Francisco and Elder Ryan was from China. Elder Sean said he loved to eat Shrimp at home (he loved some shrimp when we went to Bubba Gumps on Pier 39 last spring). Elder Ryan said he loved to eat Dumplings. Ryan told us about the Primary Program at church today and a little boy who talked about fasting for special help from Heavenly Father (speaking of none other than himself). But then also proceeded to tell us about the Book of Mormon and prophets and opened up the Scriptures to share a message with us. One of the best ideas ever. It was spiritual, adorable and hilarious all at the same time! At the end they shared their testimonies, right after giving us a coupon for a free frozen yogurt.
Thanks for the experience Grandpa Motley! It was a priceless evening!













12 comments:
This is hilarious and so cute! Where does my dad come up with his ideas?! I can't believe they kept character all through dinner too! These two just keep getting cuter and what good pretenders!
Yay Grandpa! That was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the entire video... I love to watch them play. The George Washington playing was adorable. But this is even better... This could lead to some amazing scripture play as well... WOW... And the curls... I'm in heaven... They are simply spectacular. Triple Yay!!!
It seems to me Ryan said he was going to China on his mission before. Didn't Ryan want to be on the China team for the family Olympics... Grandpa Scott has been saying that we were going to China for decades... I was rooting for Africa until they closed the Temple... Safety is an issue there. But I think Ryan has mentioned this before.
So cute! What a fun idea. Start 'em young:) Brit is sitting with me and said, "Those kids are my friends."
Yeah dad, where do you come up with these ideas!? This will totally stay with them. Planting the seed! So cute! It's amazing they were able to stay in character so long. They will make great missionaries some day.
Yeah dad, where do you come up with these ideas!? This will totally stay with them. Planting the seed! So cute! It's amazing they were able to stay in character so long. They will make great missionaries some day.
Totally loving those awesome missionaries! I can completely picture them all through dinner staying true to their "roles." Dylan wants to go to Georgia and I think right now Jake wants to go to Australia.
They will remember this fun night forever!
With my own eyes I have seen Elder Scott Motley bring many souls to Christ.
I also 'see' a new generation of Elders Motley helping God rescue many of His Children. Not just during their full-time missions -- but well before and long after.
The Motley boys are fortunate to have such a creative and loving family to show the way.
Love to all,
Scott
P.S. Poems about the boys and their Dad -- and Mom:
http://scottvanatter.blogspot.com/2007/10/your-father-and-you.html
http://scottvanatter.blogspot.com/2007/10/his-fathers-eyes.html
that is so precious.
These boys couldn't get any cuter! What a special experience to hear their growing testimony so spontaneously-thanks grandpa for the great idea!
So cute!! That is right, prepare them NOW!!
:) soooooooo cute! Hi from Patmos!!
Post a Comment