While my kids have been obsessed with Legos for a while now, Ryan always makes his own creations. I have followed instructions with his watchful eye observing, but it's been a long while. So it was awesome to watch as he followed all directions to make the helicopter, motorcyle and Big Rig truck/trailer all on his own! I was so proud!
Saturday, December 05, 2009
Thanksgiving in VA: Part Christmas
Double Whammy! We got to celebrate Thanksgiving and a little bit of Christmas with the Vanatters! Putting up the Christmas tree is a favorite Vanatter family activity. Every year is a trip down memory lane as we dig out ornaments from our family travels and vacations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















4 comments:
This was an amazing sight to behold. He got up early in the morning, skipped breakfast--seriously, and focused for several hours. The detail that went into building all of it was astounding. He could visually twist two dimensional and three dimensional shapes and pieces in his head. It was so fun to watch him work. I think he comes by that visual giftedness from his daddy. love you all
One of my favorite memories as a kid at Christmastime was decorating our tree. Glad that you were able to celebrate both Holidays with the Vanatters.
I like doing the tree too. It was cute this year to hear the boys remembering favorite ornaments and selecting special places for them. How fun to do an early Christmas! Ryan has impressive lego talents - not even sure Jake would be doing that!
Wow, that is amazing that someone so young could have the patience and ability to do that!! I definately couldn't. And the toothless smile at the top is adorable! You've got some cute children!
Post a Comment