Friday, July 09, 2010

Pre Wedding Festivities

Although every summer trip to my Eastern homeland is fantastic...this year was extra special because my sister got married!!!  And they happened to save the Bridal shower until after I arrived!  The Fair Oaks ladies are just the best!  Love them!  Wish I got more pictures of more people!  Mike's sister's reminded me of my duty to make the shower veil out of all the gift bows.  I think it turned out pretty cute if I don't say so myself!
All the girls at the shower who grew up in the Fair Oaks Ward! 
And we moved Sydney into Mike's house!  The temperature was 102 on our way up to Baltimore...and that is without the humidity adjustment!  It was so sweaty and hot...and Ryan wanted to HELP!  He took so many things up into the house, including stuff like this!  I was so proud of him!  Look out scouts! 
Then a few days later us girls got to go get spoiled toes!  Pedicures are just so wonderful!
THANKS MOM AND DAD!

Sydney had ordered flowers online for us to make table centerpieces...Purple and Green Hydrangeas, White roses and deep purple Lisianthus.  It was quite the experience...If you ever have wilty hydrangeas...soak the entire stem and blossom in water for 20min - 2 hours!  The greener they are the less time in water.  You wouldn't believe how much they perked up after shipping! 

My parents house = flower shop!  It was crazy but lots of fun!
 

 Here we are at the church decorating and flower arranging! 
And my husband finally arrived after nearly two weeks!

We had lots of fun and late nights...that included my project making Oreo truffles...
so much more to come!!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yea Sydney! Hurry up with the rest of the story:)

Erica said...

Jealous of your pedi! I need one bad! Maybe I can talk Amy and my mom into one too! Love those flowers and the great tip! And hello can you start showing already?!

Jules said...

You don't look prego in ANY of these pics!