Monday, October 25, 2010

Fallishness!

I take after my mother...in many ways, but one in particular is I get on kicks...food obsessions!
The Spring and Summer of pregnancy with Cade I was obsessed with trying to perfect Smore Brownies.  I concluded that it was a yummy obsession but that it doesn't really turn out how I want every time...the marshmellow and chocolate and graham combo made for difficult cooking through...and I wanted the graham to be crunchy...which would happen if they were stored in the fridge...anyhow, I digress.  When school started this summer, I became obsessed with muffins ~ healthy muffins...whole wheat/oat banana muffins, bran/wheat muffins, chocolate zuccini muffins, wheat/oat blueberry etc.  I plan on continuing that obsession as they freeze awesome and are a good fast breakfast or snack and the kids love them! 

now that Fall has arrived...it's these!  And we finally had a week that really felt like Fall!  Wahoo!
These puppies are divine!
Apple Pie Caramel Apples
Starring White Chocolate, Caramel and Cinamon Sugar!
My mom ordered one of these in Park City at Rocky Mountain Chocolate FactoryYEARS ago!
I was skeptical, but hooked after one bite!  Then last week I crashed my old ward's RS Meeting when they were making caramel apples  ~  only to show up and they were making these!  So after we fell in love so many years ago, I've now decided this is our new Fall tradition!

And a pretty new crafty wreath for the door!

Saturday and Sunday we had buckets and buckets of rain!  Funny enough, they didn't cancel our two soccer games...so Kyle wore his snow boots and we kept Cade dry in this arrangement! He slept through it all!

Then Saturday evening Scott and I went to a Halloween Party as Mary Poppins and Bert!
(Thanks Jules...we totally copied you from last year!)

It was INSANE!
There were SO MANY PEOPLE!
And the costumes....were AMAZING!
My picture of these two full length was blurry!  I am so bummed because this Mad Hatter was amazing!  And though he rented the hat, he put everything else together himself!!!  Even sewing some things! 
Apparently he did Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka a few years ago that was also crazy good!
Scott's old friend and his wife ~ they dressed up as eachother!

Ghostbusters!
The host and Hostess...Phantom of the Opera and Queen of the Night.
A tail gater and her football.


Background information...some crazy guy started a fire in the Game Stop store in our local mall!  A HUGE portion caught on fire...from one department store to another!  They didn't fight the fire from inside because there was a suspicious backpack the guy left ~ so they thought the sprinklers would take care of the fire...however the fire got into the walls and took over!  So the couple on the left were Game Stop Shoppers!  So creative!  They burned their clothes and messed up their hair!  Genious!

And then on the right, you have the boy scout and grandpa from UP!

 Two face and Poison Ivy from Batman!  and one of the Ghostbusters switched to a rescued Chilean miner!
The costume winners!  Best female, best couple and best male.
Other non-pictured but noteworthy costume sets inlcude Wayne and Garth of Wayne's World, Jack and Jill (who were all banged up!), Little Red Riding Hood and a wolf, cowboy/cowgirl, Nacho Libre and a nun, The guy and three sister wives from the new reality show, professional wrestlers, Harry Potter and ?, Snookie and "the situation," The Nightmare before Christmas couple, and Dog the Bounty hunter and wife!
What a crack up!

Then Sunday after church as we were enjoying our Apple Pie Caramel Apples...Ryan surprisingly asks...why is there blood on my apple?  So after checking his mouth, I informed him he ATE his loose tooth!  Oops!
We have been having fun!

7 comments:

Sydney said...

WOW! Looks like you've been having so much fall fun! I'll have to try out those apples!

What a fun halloween party and I can't believe Ryan ATE his tooth! How funny :) I"m sure the tooth fairy will be generous though.

Jules said...

So fun!! Isabella swallowed her first tooth at Pei Wei!! HA! They're meant for each other!

What a fun party and everyone did great costumes. Was it just a party with appetizers and then costume prizes? I love hearing about how people do their Halloween parties...

nikki said...

A great update on all the fun stuff you guys are doing! Your apples look delish! I love adult costume parties - it's so fun to see everyone let loose and dress up silly. Those were some great costumes!! You and Scott looked awesome! Bet soccer in the rain was fun - poor baby Cade!

Oops on the tooth!

Erica said...

Both the apples and the costumes totally legit! I love it! Your guys' costumes were great! And I bet Scott had everything for his outfit! I love halloween parties where everyone actually dresses up! I think my favorite is the guys from UP. So cute. And I am so grossed out over Ryan's tooth being swallowed. That is like my nightmare-literally.

Karen M. said...

The apples are sooo good! I'm glad we've already gotten to taste them. They will need to be on the Thanksgiving weekend menu for sure. I'm confused how Ryan could confuse the yummy apple taste with a tooth!

Mom said...

See you in less than 24 hours. Can't wait to taste those apples! YUM! Can't wait to hug those boys! Amazing Halloween party--so much fun for all...

Kristen said...

Maren worked at a candy shop in Nauvoo when she did the BYU semester there and they make those apples there too--so we tried them last year and we all LOVED them. Now I'm hungry:)