I have a new obsession! And it's so healthy and so tasty!
My friend told me about how she puts spinach in her smoothies and I'd never heard of such a thing!
What a good way to get extra fruits and vegetables!
So we tried it...I stuff into our blender this combo...
water or crystal light or apple juice, etc.
spinach (handfulls - probably 2 cups packed in)
ice
3 bananas (frozen or fresh)
frozen blackberries
frozen raspberries
(I've even added a whole apple)
You could add other things like yogurt or milk or other fruits...
The point is ~ everything in it is healthy and it tastes great!!!
So refreshing and I feel like I'm cheating ...
JUST wanted to share in case someone else out there is looking for an awesome way to add some greens into their or their kids diets in a discreet way!
The kids know it's in there...my blender isn't amazing so you can still see small green flakes ~ and they still love it! Not surprising for Sean since he'll eat anything...but Ryan hasn't been in love with vegetables lately...especially has never been one to eat salad.
Try it! You'll like it!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
The fact that you are still having smoothies in mid-October makes me jealous. Fall has taken hold of the weather here and we have put on our awesome new downe comforter. I don't know how much Mike likes it but I LOVED it last night.
I looks like a delicious smoothy but it will have to wait until next year for me.
Post a Comment