Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

Our Elementary School holds an annual Veteran's Day Assembly. This year Ryan's Cub Scout Troop was able to bring in the California Flag and lead the Pledge of Allegiance!




I am so thankful that our school is teaching the children to honor our Country and the people who serve our Country!  The Veterans who are related to students and live in the community are invited to attend the Assembly.  The school collects pictures of local and related Veterans as well for a slide show.  So many schools ignore those values, where our school teaches the children to sing Patriotic Songs and they talk about the Veteran's Day Assembly for months!  All the students made cards to give to the Veterans who attended the Assembly as well!  I cried when my Cub Scout Troop came in with the Flag, during the Pledge of Allegiance, while the school sang "I'm proud to be an American," during the slide show ~ for many Vets who I didn't even know and cheered really loud when our Vets were on the screen.  We were told that if you were in the picture or knew someone in the picture you were supposed to stand up when they were on the screen...Ryan and Sean did, I was looking for them and didn't realize I should have stood up too!  

These were the pictures we submitted to the slide show!





My next job is to find and scan pictures of Scott's Grandpa Jay Motley and Uncle Rod Mitchell who served in World War II and Vietnam respectively.

Singing, "I'm proud to be an American" and waving their red, white and blue cards they made for Veterans!

What a great morning!  Thank you to all current and past Veterans, friends and family and strangers too!  Thank you all!  We love our freedom!

2 comments:

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

Wow.. I love this... You made me cry too! I love you Carrie and I love your love of your country too! Can't wait for next weekend!!!

Scott said...

Four honorable, good, and tough and steady men -- just the kind we need in this crazy, confusing, conflicted world.