Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter and 7th Birthday!

Happy Easter!
I love that my boys like to dress up for Church.  They were all super excited about a new Easter tie too!
And I lucked out big time this year after not planning very well ahead of time!  I'd bought this dress at a big Downeast sale several weeks before...and only hadn't worn it because it kept raining and was cold!  I got it for $3.50! And was super excited when I realized I had a new Easter Dress this year!
Scott learned how to tie his Bow Tie that I got him a while ago, to wear for me on Easter.  
Cade's vest was a hand me down...that we haven't used much, or at all and is like new.
Lastly, the boys ties were bought the night before in the Target Dollar Bins!  With a busy week of birthday planning and hosting preschool, etc...I'd forgotten to plan for Easter clothes...so how lucky did I get!?!
Sarah and Shaylee our favorite babysitters and they are sisters too:)

And of course we had to have an Egg Hunt.  Then Sean opened some presents...including a Duncan Metal Drifter!  Yoyos have made a major come back around here.  The yoyos are high tech and the tricks are impressive!  In just a day, he learned some skills!  I have a video I'll upload soon.
Sean turned 7 on Easter too!

Sean is a great kid!  He is competitive, always wanting to do his best.
He is loving his new freedom to read books in bed with a flashlight, just like big brother!
He is very excitable and fun to be around.  Sean is a talker!  He loves to tell stories and jokes, making stuff up, and saying, get it?  He loves to yo-yo, play sports of all kinds...but claims soccer is his favorite and is his best (to quote Lola from Charlie and Lola).  He loves to be a big brother and usually is very patient with Cade, explaining things to him - even asking Cade nicely to return what he has swiped! 
He is found tucking in his t-shirts quite often...and hiking up his shorts - loving the reaction he gets from us!
We love our Seanny!

4 comments:

Loren said...

I am loving the BOW TIES. Chris has one too and I remember the first day he wore it, we watched a video on Youtube to show him how to tie it. haha!! I had a friend make Grant one this year for easter. Think I will start making them myself. Love your dress too. You look great!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seanny!

Thanks for sharing Carrie.

Love, Aunt Tracy

Erica said...

Cute new dress and what a great deal! And the boys ties? Crazy deals! The fam looks so cute! And cute Seany on his Birthday! I can't believe he is 7!

Scott said...

Mom and Dad look so good (especially Mom in her blonde new hairdo, sorry Scott) look so good -- with all their boys. Love it.