Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Brighton 2013

In May we went to New Brighton State Beach as usual!  
It was an amazing weather year!  Friday and Saturday were such great beach days with no wind and warm air!  We (even the ladies) had swimsuits on and had lots of fun playing at the beach!
Scott brought our bikes in a trailer and as soon as we had set up...we were on our bikes!


Grandpa brought headlamps as usual!  Such fun and so convenient!  My new favorite camping necessity!  Makes shuffling through a suitcase in a dark tent so much easier!  Or changing a diaper and being able to have both hands for diaper changing!






Roasting gummy worms...campfire oysters...gooey mess!
Skipping rocks with Favero kids.
Kyle can make some of the funniest face! This is hilarious!
Searching for HUGE sand crabs!
Beach wiffle ball baseball...home run line and all!
Favero kids teaching my boys the beauty of playing in the ocean.  Luckily Kaylin had a wet suit!
Traditional huge sand pits were again the highlight for the little ones!






Owen read the Grouchy Ladybug to the kids a few times.
Found a cute caterpillar!
Big kids had some fun with the pit too!




Uncle Mike making Egyptian Sphynix's!

Scott rented a trailer and brought our bikes.  The kids LOVED having their bikes ...so did I!  These three roamed the campground on their bikes non stop!
Showing us around on their bikes!
Sunday breakfast!  YUMMER!
Sunday after church we went out for a bike ride through Capitola and along the coast!  It was gorgeous!!

Ryan and Sean did so well on the hills too!  And without gears!  And there were many hills!
Cutie brother buddies!




We brought a picnic of snacks and ate it on the beach by this cliff to shield us from the wind...and found a campfire someone had left...which still had some heat and tiny flames...so Ryan tried to get it going, but it was too windy!





 Camping with the trailer was like camping with a garage...easy storage at night!







And we visited with friends too!
An epic New Brighton year!  There really wasn't even a marine layer of chilliness in the mornings!  Crazy!
How fun!

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! Side note: I don't think I've ever seen ALL of someone's ribs, until I saw your pics of the boys catching balls over the pit. It must be nice to have such a fast metabolism!

mom/Becky/Grandma said...

I remember feeding Cade apple slices and watermelon rinds when I got to go. I remember hunting crabs, the wind, fire in the fort, great food, sleeping altogether... FUN, FUN, FUN... This all looks like an amazing camp out! Love the trailer and the bikes!!!!!

Scott said...

The idea of boys riding their bikes around camp is very exciting, very adventuresome (even "old"). Wish I was able to do that as a boy when I went camping with my parents. I can picture it.