Thursday, January 15, 2009

These are a few of my favorite {winter} things...

Things that make me happy...



My booties:) Seriously, if it's cold I am wearing these! It's not frigid now...but last week when it was really cold...my toes were ice unless I had these on.





I got these ones in my stocking!








I L-O-V-E this hot chocolate. Sorry but Swiss Miss just doesn't cut it. This stuff it great hot chocolate - of course, I never follow the directions and Scott says I make it too chocolaty...is there such a thing?










I don't have peach freezer jam this year...but this stuff in the morning with a piece of toast topped with peach freezer jam is an awesome breakfast...my roommates and I used to do that. Ahh - I miss you Sam and Kris!

If I ever go visit Kris...in good old St. Johns, AZ...she'd make it for me with homemade bread...mmm...and my husband and boys could go have a cowboy experience! And we could be good exercise buddies...Hi Kris! Miss you!

Now there's this little guy who definitely makes my favorite list...but he's holding the other thing I'm talking about. This cute little wooden rattle. (not necessarily winterish...but I've been liking it)























A sweet old man at my Grandma's rest home gave it to us a while back. He's given us lots of presents. One day he gave my kids some cool model cars that were toys, but not your standard Matchbox or Hot Wheels. Within a day, my kids had literally stripped off any side mirrors, bumpers, or even the wheels (meaning the silvery rims). Anyhow, luckily the next trip when he found us he gave us wooden toys that were indestructible.

It makes the most pleasant click-clacking sounds!










Other wintry favorites include:
*Scott making a fire in the fireplace
*Clam chowder in a Sourdough bread bowl (preferably Bread from Boudin or clam chowder from Monterey).
*snuggling in a toasty warm blanket

*sledding with my kids
*skiing with Mr. Motley (rare occurance during these child bearing years)
*homemade Chicken Pot Pie for dinner



9 comments:

Sydney said...

Fun favorites! Kyle already looks bigger and he's SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Talk about freezing feet. It was 20 degrees today... that's not so bad if you are in the house bundled up (booties of course). But around 3:00p.m. the electricity went off... no heat... thankfully it wasn't dark. But the temperature in the house dropped from 69 to 66 in just a few hours... And what a difference a few degrees makes. That is when my fingers start to get stiff and frozen. All back on... all happy... fingers & toes are warm again. love those boys!!!! mom

Amy said...

I'm glad you appreciate winter because I don't! My feet are even freezing in my full on slippers! Hot chocolate sounds really good right now, maybe I'll go make some. :)

Erica said...

It no longer feels like winter and I wish it did. 86 Degrees feels like summer here. I love those slippers! How cute! I want some. Cute rattle! I love the wooden toys.

Erica said...

oh and it looks like Kyle has slimmed down. I guess that is what crawling does!

Jules said...

I love wooden toys. They just make you feel good. And canned hot chocolate?! I'll get you a recipe for the REAL stuff.

Kristen said...

First, I would definitely make you homemade bread and freezer jam. I have a freezer full of peach and raspberry rhubarb right now. Second, where can I get a pair of those booties? Third, I have to agree w/Julie about the hot cocoa. If you must go with the dry stuff, try Stephen's Mint Chocolate Truffle. Remember the hot cocoa at Mama's Cafe? With whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkles? YUM! Miss you guys!

nikki said...

Your booties are stinking cute but winter is stupid. I'm just saying.

What a cute pic of Kyle. I love the sweet toy and the sweet boy! How cute that that man made it for him!

Oh - I hope I didn't offend you about winter. I'm such an Arizona girl these days.

Anonymous said...

I love the belly laugh in the background. Very cute.
Aubt Gina