Tuesday, February 03, 2009

GB3 Snow trip with the Motley crew











Last weekend our ward's youth had a snow activity...and since I'm in YW and Scott's in the Bishopric and independently we'd both go, we decided to just take the whole Motley crew.



















Scott and Bishop Cota













Ryan has his ice pick from our Calaveras trip...Kyle is about to fall asleep and Sean is hot.






















I went down only once (because I borrowed one of the girls passes) and after seeing so many of our youth flip over, I was a wuss and dragged my feet most the way down.













The kids wanted to do the real tubing like everyone else, but they were too small and it was too steep, so we just had them play on the side which they weren't too happy about until daddy gave them a push on a tube and then helped them make a snowman!


















It was so hot...I feel bad Sean is wearing his coat! ...Which made the snow was really icy so they had to do far away to find snow good enough to mold. Sean has monster hands because I accidently left Sean's gloves at home so he is wearing mine.















Towards the ends, Kyle actually fell asleep on me. I was surprised he was that tired because usually he'd be fine with a little tiredness...but it was so cute and I loved it. Until later that night when he woke up from a nap at home and had a fever. Bummer! They never just fall asleep on me "just because."























After the youth activity was finished, we {finally}took the kids down the street for some sledding of their own. They were happy...and had a blast.








Neither of them had issue with the saucer...in fact, they loved it. Maybe more than the sled. I on the other hand do not love the snow saucer! You spin and go so fast and you feel so out of control! I'm glad they are tough and love it.





From the moment they woke up and we were getting ready to go to the snow, they would not stop saying, "It's going to be totally wicked!" (A quote from Dash in the Incredible's)

We are planning to go again with some friends and our kids are super exicted about that trip...but we need cold and snow! We've had a pretty bad drought around here, so we are praying for rain in our parts and snow in the mountains!

10 comments:

Tennille said...

What a fun activity for your family. And I'm glad to see that my boys aren't the only ones who quote movies. Every time they see Incredibles, they say that Dash quote about a million times. :)

Amy said...

That looks like fun. Oh to be HOT in the snow. We want to take Owen sledding but it's too cold. How ironic.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, this brings back a few memories of little girls and sledding... Horraayy for family days... grandma

Anonymous said...

Totally fun post !! I remember you girls taking me and Tracy to the snow. Fun memories.

Aunt Gina

Erica said...

Camryn loved watching her cousin sled! She was talking the whole time. I love the movie quote! I forget that people are doing snow activities when it is 82 degrees and going to the beach you forget it is winter!I'm kinda jealous! I would have loved those tubes!

Sydney said...

That looks like so much fun and the boys are all looking so much older! Can't wait to see you this summer and maybe sooner!

nikki said...

What a fun day with your youth!! Your kids are so fun and it's so great to have the opportunity to have a totally wicked snow day!

I'm with Erica - I have totally forgotten it's winter it's been so warm! The boys wore shorts to school today.

Did you know I can't blog because my camera's broken? Nice.

Jules said...

Your kids are adorable!!! I wish we could have come join in on the fun. I bet the YW love having you as their leader.

Sydney said...

Oh, and sometimes, I am flabergahsted at how much Ryan looks like you! Such a look-a-like! :)

Jenner said...

fun to see pics of the yw. they are all growing up. looks like a fun trip. you guys could come visit us and sled in our backyard if you wanted! that is a cute fam pic with your sweet sunglasses.